Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Thread: Safari Arms 1911

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others

Safari Arms 1911

Hello
    i am new to the forum, and am interested in learning about a 1911 I have on layaway

the gun is black ( not blued), has the finger groove and squared/hooked trigger guard, adjustable rear sight.

On on the right side of the slide are the words "Safai Arms" in larger letters. No model like "Matchmaster" etc

any idea what model gun this is?

thank you

Posts liked by others
    We could use a Picture. I think the" Matchmaster" was a 5" barrel gun. The 4" Barrel was the "Enforcer".
    They were made by Safari Arms and then the company was bought out by Olyimpic Arms. Oly made them for awhile but has turned it's attention to Ar rifles and stopped production of 1911 handguns.
    I don't know about parts . I know the slide, Frame , and barrel are unique to those guns.

I think they are very cool guns and don't have the cookie cutter looks of most of the 1911s on the market.

Posts liked by others
    Olympic Arms didn't arbitrarily abandon the 1911 market. There's an announcement on their web site:

[urlhttp://www.olyarms.com/[/url]

Olympic Arms has a rich history of 1911 production. Since having acquired both the M.S. Safari Company, and the Randall Corporation in the late 1980’s and combining them into Safari Arms, Inc. our 1911’s took the market by storm and set new standards for quality and accuracy in a reasonably priced 1911. Owning our own casting house and tooling allowed us to keep a close eye on quality control from molten steel to finished product. Manufacturing our own broach-cut National Match grade barrels from bar stock in-house, gave us the ability to provide unprecedented accuracy for hundreds, even thousands less than other brands.

Since that time, the 1911 industry has exploded, and the market has changed significantly. More recently, our company was forced to close our casting facility in Costa Mesa, CA, and our machines and tooling had to be relocated to a new facility that is still unable to produce our parts to the standards we require. That project is still on-going, but does not hold a great deal of promise. Lastly, our Master 1911 Pistolsmith of over 20 years, Mr. Richard Neimer passed away very unexpectedly this past November. The collective results of these events have caused such an interruption in production of raw materials, parts and assemblies that have up to this point, been insurmountable.

Therefore, due to this combined set of circumstances, both in-house and within our manufacturing chain, Olympic Arms is announcing today, and with regret, the cancellation of all current orders for 1911 pistols, as well as 1911 frames and slides.

With the reputation and history behind the Safari Arms/Olympic Arms 1911 products, we have decided that we must continue to provide the same quality product, an excellent and affordable shooting experience for our customers, or we will not re-enter the 1911 market.

All unfulfilled 1911 orders will then be kept in an archived folder pending the conclusion our management’s decision on how to best continue, or whether to continue at all, the production of our 1911 products. Should Olympic Arms move forward with the production of 1911’s within the next 12 months, we will honor all of the archived orders at their originally ordered price. Should the decision be made that we cannot continue the 1911 product line and maintain the standards our customers have become accustomed to, all dealers with archived orders will be notified of this decision, at which point all archived orders will then be permanently canceled.

We deeply regret that these unexpected circumstanced have caused confusion, continued delay and extreme inconvenience on the part of our dealers and their customers. We will continue to move forward evaluating the continuation of our 1911 product line, and will alert you of any decision made with urgency.

Sincerely,

Tom Spithaler
    Sales Dir.
    Olympic Arms, Inc.
    Hawkmoon
    On a good day, can hit the broad side of a barn ... from the inside

Posts liked by others
    I bought a Matchmaster back in the day and it is a nice pistol. Of course my hand fits the frame. I could see someone not liking it if their hand did not fit the frame.

NRA Life Member