Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Thread: Finally!!

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others

Finally!!

20160530_222947.jpg
    AND.......after a month wait....it came in with black rubber double diamond grips!
    Not the G10s I initially ordered!
    I called Kimber customer service from the dealer and got a very pleasant young lady who took my order for the G10s and they arrived at my door a few days later.
    Haven't had time to shoot it yet.......till then I'm just sleeping with it!

Posts liked by others
    Good to hear about good service from Kimber CS. That has been a source of contention with the Kimber bashers. I own a Kimber and it is a very finely made gun with no problems. Accurate and tight. Congrats and good luck!
    NRA Life Member
    USN 75-84

Posts liked by others
    Unfortunately, I only just now found out that this is NOT a 2016 model!!!
    A poster on another site mentioned that the 2016 models have 1 less serration on the front and back.
    I'm NOT happy about this and I will certainly call the shop as soon as it opens!
    I'm also going to call Kimber to get an exact manufacturing date.
    This is !!

Posts liked by others
    OK.......spoke to Kimber an hour ago.
    My TLE 11 was manufactured on May 18th, 2016.
    As for serrations, they said some were different but regardless, my serial # was produced on 05/18/16.
    I like that!!

Posts liked by others
    That definitely appears to be one of the new 2016 TLE's. The biggest differences from older TLE models are that the rear sight has a different profile (more like a Novak Lo-mount than the standard Kimber snag free), if you look at the top of the slide, it will be flat rather than the standard round 1911 profile, and if you look at the mainspring housing, it will be a steel (at least I presume steel) unit with an integral lanyard loop. In any event, congrats on the new TLE. I just picked one up myself a couple weeks ago and have been content with it...and I bought it half expecting to not like it.

Posts liked by others
    If this is indeed the LATEST model, why isnt there a lanyard loop on mine?

Posts liked by others
    Spoke to Kimber again.....apparently my TLE was initially destined for California.
    They have design requirements that Kimber must abide by.
    Therefore, mine does not have a lanyard loop.

Posts liked by others
    you must have Kimber CS # on speed dial.