Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Thread: The ways of Kimber (Rant)

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others

The ways of Kimber (Rant)

Went to Academy Sports looking for a compact 1911 mag. They only had one left so I buy it. Its supposed to be a TacMag. I get it home and read the paperwork that was included and then throw the packaging away.
    Something about this deal keeps eating at me, so I do some research. Turns out that I don't have a TacMag, I have the cheaper Kimber magazine. So I call Kimber today to question the problem. They may have packaged the magazine wrong, but I suspect that someone may have switched them in the store.
    Kimber rep is very polite, but says sorry I can't help you at all. He says that if I had bought the mag directly from Kimber, they would just send out another magazine as a replacement. Next time do your ordering from us.
    Am I going to die or suffer greatly from this, NO I won't. But you would think a large corporation like Kimber would have went the extra step and maybe some Customer Service would have kicked in.
    Thank you for letting me vent.
    Rant over, Dennis

Posts liked by others
    You would think that would be the case.
    Beauty is skin deep but ugly goes right to the bone.

Posts liked by others
    Dennis, I no you got taken, but think how many times a day that Rep you talked to gets told the same story. I would go to the store and (Rant).

Posts liked by others
    I received a Tac Pro from my wife for a Christmas present. Only came with one magazine, called Kimber assuming this was a mistake, was told by a lady that is common with high end guns, to only include one mag? As costs have to be cut somewhere? Any way she said she would be glad to sell me another for around $50! I told her I also owned a Les Baer TRS, which is a pretty high end 1911 and it came with three mags. and I would not be purchasing any mags from her, or anymore Kimbers. Her attitude put me off more then any thing, talked to me in a very condescending manner.
    Likes (1) :
    Firecontrol90 (20th August 2017)

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by t-bird View Post
    Dennis, I no you got taken, but think how many times a day that Rep you talked to gets told the same story. I would go to the store and (Rant).
    Excellent advice.
    Likes (2) :
    dV8r (16th August 2017), Rick McC. (18th August 2017)

Posts liked by others
    Kimber doesn't owe you anything. Why would they send you a free mag? The store is the one that ripped you off. Direct your ire at them. You won't buy another Kimber, but will you still buy stuff from that Academy Sports?

One mag with the gun, you have the option of buying another manufacturer's product, but still went with the Kimber. I'm assuming price had something to do with that decision. Well, they got the price to the point they did by not including a second magazine. If this was a deal breaker, you should have found another manufacturer. It obviously wasn't.

It's like the people saying how good Springfield Armory's customer service (CS) is. Yeah, it's got a great reputation. Because they had to fix a lot of junk they put out. But it ain't free. The cost is factored into the price of their product. Think about this every time you send a gun back due to an extractor in need of adjustment or other silly "issue". Should it be perfect? Sure. But you buy a car, you might have to check the air pressure in the tires.
    Likes (1) :
    Macewindu57 (21st October 2019)