Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Les Baer owner.

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others
    Thanks for the write up Jim. I'm on Bear #3 and this issue kinda took me by surprise as #1 & #2 ran like the proverbial raped apes.

Mag choice for all my guns has been Chips power mags with flawless performance.

Posts liked by others
    I've gone through the break in on several LB guns and don't recall having any problems.
    The issue you have doesn't sound like one that will be going away.
    Best wishes.
    Lynnie, "Nobody realizes that some people expend tremendous energy merely to be normal. "
    - Albert Camus
    Likes (1) :
    Justin (15th March 2016)

Posts liked by others
    I "broke in" my TRS with without a problem, was not a 1.5 Shoot your 1k to make Les happy and if your still having problems Les should fix it.

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by WBB View Post
    Shoot your 1k to make Les happy and if your still having problems Les should fix it.
    And there lies my problem with Les Baer. 1,000 rounds.

.45 Auto today runs about 40 cents per round for plinking-grade ammunition, and a dollar or more per round for decent self defense Those 1,000 rounds effectively add a minimum of $400 to the price of an already expensive firearm. A firearm that, for the price, should be 100 percent functional and reliable out of the box.
    Hawkmoon
    On a good day, can hit the broad side of a barn ... from the inside
    Last edited by Hawkmoon; 21st February 2016 at 18:56.

Posts liked by others
    Hawk, I agree on the functionality but factoring in the cost of the ammo not so much as lead will fly downrange irregardless assuming of course that it goes bang.

Posts liked by others
    my only issues with LB are the following

1. the magazines tend to cause the slide NOT to lock back after the last round is fed-- solution :use wilson combat magazines

2. field stripping a LB is a bear to say the least. it is the ONLY 1911 I know of that requires a bushing wrench AND a nylon hammer to clean and reassemble it

on the range--it is a champ--a great gun that even my picky wife likes

to me, I think your issue is one you will have to take up with them. a hammer not functioning properly is a warranty item

goo luck hope LB is in a good mood when you call(LOL)

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkmoon View Post
    And there lies my problem with Les Baer. 1,000 rounds.

.45 Auto today runs about 40 cents per round for plinking-grade ammunition, and a dollar or more per round for decent self defense Those 1,000 rounds effectively add a minimum of $400 to the price of an already expensive firearm. A firearm that, for the price, should be 100 percent functional and reliable out of the box.

HaWkmoon

thanks for your service

Iam seeking .45 acp fmj on sale @ many internet sites for 30 cents a round hurts less this way

Posts liked by others
    The three LBC I've owned all ran just as fine out of the box as any colt I've owned. The only thing the card specified was to not clean the gun for 500 rounds. I'm still a coltaholic, but LBC are one of the finest 1911 produced, period.
    "A fully loaded pistol is useless to the man who has an empty magazine between the ears."- Louis Awerbuck
    Last edited by Justin; 14th March 2016 at 03:32.

Posts liked by others
    Op, sorry you are having trouble worn your gun. Less will make it right. It isn't even difficult. Courtesy and respect in, courtesy and respect out. Send it in, no need to wait for 1000 rounds with your issue. The "break in" or whatever is due to lockup being so tight. That is the reason you just keep adding oil rather than cleaning it. It final laps the gun using gunpowder and oil to micro polish everything. I do the same thing with every gun I buy now. I'm 1911 poor these days compared to the past.
    "A fully loaded pistol is useless to the man who has an empty magazine between the ears."- Louis Awerbuck

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12