Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Thread: RIA Tactical ll 10mm Purchase

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others

RIA Tactical ll 10mm Purchase

Hi, I recently bought a Rock Island Armory Tac 2 in 10mm from a member on another forum. I believe he is a member here also. I bought it as he lived somewhat close and I met him so I could look at it in person. He actually took me to his club and I put 2 mags through it.

I've wanted a 1911 style pistol and the 10mm got my interest. It shoots a lot better than I do, I'm kinda old and got into this hobby rather late. It came with some extras which made the purchase price a bit more reasonable.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Likes (2) :
    galena (25th December 2015), t-bird (2nd May 2016)

Posts liked by others
    Thanks for the pic and info, best of luck.

Posts liked by others
    Congratulations on your Rock!

Posts liked by others
    I chose my first 1911 at 68. I also got a RIA but I got a 9mm so I could afford to learn to shoot it. My favorite gun.

Posts liked by others
    osbornk

I'm not too far behind you at 60. My favorite gun up to this point is a full size EAA Witness poly. I have the barrel/slide/rod/spring combinations in 9mm, .40 S&W and .45. There are 2 magazines for the 9mm and .45 and 1 for the .40. I can swap them out in about 20 seconds. I really like how easy the Witness is to work on and I like the fact that it is SA/DA. The only thing that hinders it from being perfect to me is the width of the double-stack magazine/grip. I still love it though and it is a good shooter. I usually shoot .45 and occasionally 9mm. I've only used the .40 a couple times.

I plan to use the Rock Island quite a bit in the near future to get used to it. It's a lot more difficult to disassemble but I really like the way it fits my hand. The SA only I can get used to. I've ordered some 10mm ammo and when it shows I plan to take the RIA and the Witness .45 to compare them the next time I go to the range.

The RIA has become my son's favorite among the guns I own and he's only gone shooting with me once.

Posts liked by others
    Congratulations on your new acquisition. I have the same gun chambered in 45 ACP. I absolutely love it. I have put about 1200 rounds through it in 2 years and after work from the mother ship, it is dead accurate and extremely reliable. I had some issues with premature slide lock and cases ejecting forward. Those are resolved at this point. That was within the first several hundred rounds.

I have been eyeing one of those. But, to go 10mm, I would need to equip myself with dies and brass so I could fit it into my reloading regiment. I hope you enjoy your new gun. Let us know how it goes.

By the way, if you do have any issues with it early on, don't fret too much. RIA will stand behind it and make it good.

Posts liked by others
    The 10mm is a great caliber to load for, enjoy your Rock.
    NRA Life Member since '67

"Never interrupt your enemy when he's making a mistake."
    Napoleon