Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Thread: New/old 7-rd. magazines

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others

Icon16 New/old 7-rd. magazines

Just received early Christmas from my oldest. New/unused 1911 mags from the CMP.org..You may have heard that Army stock of 1911's are going to be released sometime in the future.Well , the mags are available. Sticker is as follows:
    1005-00-550-8694
    Magazine assembly
    P/n:5508694
    Daaa09-91-c-0675
    1 ea. 6/30/92

$8.00us for each one; no idea how many available. Also, I'm not sure where they able to send to.(flat follower with a dimple)
    "Carry the battle to them.Don't let them bring it to you.Put them on the defensive and don't ever apologize for anything"-Harry S. Truman

Posts liked by others
    The CMP 1911 magazines are U.S. military unissued, new old stock and still in the original wrappers. A couple of months ago I ordered 5 and they were made in April, 1990. Last week I received 5 more and they were all made in June, 1990. Each buyer is authorized a total of 10.

The mags have a preservative on them and, while not thick, I cleaned mine inside and out. I also laid the followers on each edge and polished them with a medium and then fine sharpening stone. I also polished the tail of the follower where it contacts the back of the mag as it rises.

They are excellent mags and every one of mine has worked smoothly and flawlessly.