Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pm9

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others

Pm9

Does anyone have any input/opinion on the Pointman 9?
    I'm considering a 9mm 1911 and after owning a VBob for awhile I would expect the PM9 to be an excellent 1911 for the money.
    Are there any other suggestions for other 1911's in 9mm that are in about the same price range?
    I do want the adjustable rear sight, and I don't care if it has an ambi safety or not.

Thanks.
    Lynnie, "Nobody realizes that some people expend tremendous energy merely to be normal. "
    - Albert Camus
    Last edited by Joni Lynn; 21st November 2015 at 21:41.

Posts liked by others
    When was it made? New or used?

Older ones had cast frames, newer ones are forged. Not that the cast ones were bad, mind you, but somewhere along the line DW's prices really started climbing.
    Too many people miss the silver lining because they're expecting gold.
    M. Setter

Posts liked by others
    I'm thinking new. I've seen that they are available in the range of $1300/1400. I sort of have the itch for a 1911 in 9mm that runs well. (reliable and reasonably accurate)
    Thanks for your input.
    Lynnie, "Nobody realizes that some people expend tremendous energy merely to be normal. "
    - Albert Camus
    Last edited by Joni Lynn; 23rd November 2015 at 08:24.

Posts liked by others
    Well I have a 1911 that fits this criteria--sort of. Pretty she ain't, but she's as reliable as an anvil (and nearly as heavy):

Too many people miss the silver lining because they're expecting gold.
    M. Setter

Posts liked by others
    That looks great!
    I put a lot of my guns up for adoption and they moved out. The only 1911 in a 9mm size I currently have is a 38 Super. I was giving some consideration to having a Fusion built but that idea died quickly.
    The only guns I can think of right now that I might be interested in would be the PM9 or a SA Range Officer. I have to admit I don't know what all is available or how good they are.
    Some of the other choices might start to get expensive. I should try to stay away from spending a lot right now since I just retired.
    Thanks again.
    - Albert Camus
    Last edited by Joni Lynn; 23rd November 2015 at 11:41.

Posts liked by others
    If you want the adjustable sights get the DW.

Colt came back out with 9mm's but none have Adjustable Sights.

I was unimpressed with a 9mm RO.

Robert.
    NRA Endowment Life Member.
    The true danger is when liberty is nibbled away, for expedients, and by parts. - Edmund Burke 1777

Posts liked by others
    Thanks.
    A friend of mine has a Springfield stainless loaded in 9mm and likes it quite a bit.
    The RO is a bit drab looking for my taste but I would expect it to be reliable and reasonably accurate. I would expect the DW to be a nicer 1911 based on the VBob I have versus my SA guns.
    Will 38 Super mags work with a 9mm? I sort of doubt it but thought it might be worth asking.
    - Albert Camus

Posts liked by others
    I'd say you have that about right. The fit and finish on the DW will be far superior.

FWIW, Lispeys is showing some new DW 9mm models, not sure if any have adjustable sights. (Probably not based on model names)

Robert.
    NRA Endowment Life Member.
    The true danger is when liberty is nibbled away, for expedients, and by parts. - Edmund Burke 1777

Posts liked by others
    Thanks.
    I saw that a few days ago and the 9mm Valor appeals to me quite a bit although it does lack the adjustable rear sight. That would be okay, the sights on my VBob are okay, I'm just not used to them as I am others.
    - Albert Camus

Posts liked by others
    You can put adjustable sights on almost any gun. Choose the gun that you really like. If you don't like the rear sight, replace it. I think the PM9 is fine. I have a similar bowmar style sight on my Gold Cup. I prefer one with either fiber or white dots. You can contact DW directly and they can put whatever sight you want on whatever gun you want. I have seen in person almost every model. Love them.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast