Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looking for advise on SS 9mm

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others

Looking for advise on SS 9mm

Haven't shot a 1911 in about 20 years and am going to get back into it again considering something in a stainless 9mm this time. I would prefer a 4" unless your suggestions indicate otherwise. Will not be a primary carry-but who knows. Unfortunately I can't afford a Les Bauer / Wilson. Maybe up to a Dan Wesson price at most. I have held a Kimber- not bad - but my impressions are "finicky, and springs don't last" , reasonable accuracy, and reliability are important...i.e sig. springfield, etc are sorta what I am thinking about- but not limited to them.
    Thanks in advance

Posts liked by others
    Look at a STI Lawman Black Cerakote instead of stainless .. Dan wesson were hit or miss for me but it has been a few years since i bought one my Razorback 10mm is the only one i kept and only one i didnt have issues with

Ria while not stainless either has been pretty flawless gun for me firing pin tip sheared off after 2-3 years they sent me another for free as it was a range gun no biggy

Springfield is also another great option

Posts liked by others
    My Ria 9mm tactical has been flawless. It's probably the best affordable 1911 on the market. There must be some reason they make more 1911s than anyone else in the world.

Posts liked by others
    Springfield is great but does not offer a stainless model in 4 inch....and, unless I miss my guess, Sig doesn't offer 9mm stainless anything.
    If you have your heart set on stainless, you would probably have to go with a Springfield Loaded 5 inch. If finish is secondary, then get a Range Officer Compact in 9mm...it's a tremendous value!
    I too, have an affection for a Commander size 1911 in 9mm...great handling and a little more capacity than .45 ACP. I wanted the exact spec pistol that you are looking for now but the market didn't have what I wanted so I wound up building my own.
    Beauty is skin deep but ugly goes right to the bone.

Posts liked by others
    Something like this?

Likes (1) :
    John (20th October 2015)

Posts liked by others
    Very nice, but why the Colt take-off grips?
    Too many people miss the silver lining because they're expecting gold.
    M. Setter

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by Spyros View Post
    Very nice, but why the Colt take-off grips?
    I originally had Hogue Rosewood grips on her but I like the Colt take-offs better.

Posts liked by others
    Yes, Colts have nice grips, but don't get much credit for it. I had identical grips on a Commander, changed them out, then thought, did I really improve the gun..?
    Too many people miss the silver lining because they're expecting gold.
    M. Setter
    Likes (1) :
    ncviking (21st October 2015)

Posts liked by others
    That is exactly what I WANT ! ! Cant tell if it has a 3 dot tritium , that would be the only addition I could think of
    Unless I am mistaken, springfield has dropped the SS in 9mm, at least could no longer find it in the online catalog
    Last edited by ff90; 20th October 2015 at 09:30.

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by ff90 View Post
    Unless I am mistaken, springfield has dropped the SS in 9mm, at least could no longer find it in the online catalog
    I don't think you're mistaken....looks like they dropped it. Probably because they introduced the Range Officer in 9mm.

She does not have Tritium sights, I'm not a big believer in them.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast