Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

Happy Memorial Weekend
to all those who celebrate it.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from Brownells, Cabela's, TandemKros or Tekmat, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Also, don't forget to visit our other sponsors sites, click-throughs are appreciated by our advertisers. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New AO

Posts liked by others
    L dry nice

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by picketpin View Post
    I decided to add some parts to make it look just a little more authentic, after a few hours on Numrich's site I came up with a few parts that make it look pretty close, I guess I can go either way on the slide stop being checkered or not as both seem correct for the period..So, new actual real checkered spring plug, checkered mag release, blued barrel including the hood, colt surplus grips, and checkered mainspring housing.
    James

Just came back to this thread after a little while. Do I understand that you were able to drop in a G.I. barrel?

The reason I'm asking is that I tried fitting a Kart EZ-Fit barrel to mine, and found that the barrel bed in the frame seemed a little too high. That caused me to form the opinion that the frame was a little out of spec. However, AO maintains that this pistol is machined exactly to spec. So I didn't know who to believe. Your experience, however, tips me back a little towards the AO side.

Posts liked by others
    tpelle, I'll add some info for you the barrel I used was from Numrich and they listed it as Colt manufacture 1911a1, it does not say Colt on it and there is nothing to identify it as military as far as I can tell. I will also add that I have little experience with original 1911's or barrel installation. That being said the barrel fit fine and functioned fine in the AO.

I have since put the barrel in a Charles Daly that I have had severe leading with and it is much better in regards to leading, and actually shoots to point of aim now.

Sorry I am not more help, were you having problems with the AO barrel? I just changed mine to have a blued hood and after time that didn't matter to me, I put the AO barrel back in and it is quite accurate.

james

Posts liked by others
    Sorry I'm so late getting back. No, no problems with the AO barrel. I just had a wild hair to try my hand at fitting a barrel.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123