Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Identify This RIA

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others
    nice looking gun

Posts liked by others
    UPDATE:

People were doubting if pistol functioned after all the polishing I did....But what people don't realize is that when you polish something, you are not removing any actual metal from the part being polished. It's about removing the coating that was applied to the metal (which would wear off from any metal to metal contact anyways) and then polish it up.

So I went to the range and fired off the left over .45 ACP ammo I had which was half a box of PMC and half a box of Remington UMC.

It went bang each time I pulled the trigger.....however a few rounds from both brands, I had to smack the back of the slide to completely go forward just a bit.....After I got home and looked at the throat of the barrel, there was a sharp edging on it where the edge of the brass casing where bullet sits was hitting that edge on the barrel throat so I cleaned that part of the barrel up.

As far as on target, it shoots and hits the target....Shots fired today at 7 yrds out.

Shots fired using PMC Bronze 230 gr .45 Auto FMJ

Shots fired using Remington UMC 230 gr .45 Auto FMJ

Where my problem was.....The edge of the brass casing catches on it to where I have to smack the back of slide sometimes to get round fully seated.

Posts liked by others
    You take very good pictures, by the way. It's a good looking firearm!
    Greetings from Woodstock, Georgia: The Cultural Center of the Universe

Posts liked by others
    I just bought one new yesterday, one mag no holster, that cost me a hundred bucks more than yours. I'd say you done good!
    Make yourselves sheep, and the wolves will eat you. - Benjamin Franklin

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by Flipco View Post
    just not crazy to the point I pick something up and my hands are oily.
    I am, I love it when I pickup my firearms and I have oil on my hands.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12