Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Thread: Colt national match

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others

Colt national match

Hi all, looking at purchasing a colt nm from my brother. I've had it apart, it appears to be an original gun with correct parts and maybe 90% bluing (maybe a little less)

The finish is fairly decent, minus an idiot mark and finish wear on the aft section of the slide (only on one side).

The pictures are poor, but wondering what a ball park fair price might be to offer.

Should be a manufacture of 1967?

Thanks

Posts liked by others
    I bought the same 1911 a couple of months ago and you talk about a shooter. I gave $1150 and feel like I got a good deal, he was asking $1399 for it. Best of luck.

Posts liked by others
    Well, I'm picking it up for 1150 as well. It looks a lot better than the pictures show. I'm purchasing it from my brother, for some reason he's getting out of guns--so it'll be one more for my collection. I've never shot it but have had it completely apart for cleaning. He never had a gun safe so he stored it in mine for the past 7 years. Time to make the deal official! I've owned several nm guns but they were all series 80 pistols.

Posts liked by others
    I would spend my hard earned cash elsewhere. It's a beat up gold cup with no box or papers. There are much better examples out there. I know the family connection is hard to break, but that pistol in it's current condition is not worth it IMO

Posts liked by others
    From what I've read the NM's had problems with slides cracking on occasion when fired with hardball since the slides were lightened to allow cycling on wadcutter loads; the problem was addressed with Series 70 Gold Cup but the fitting on those wasn't as good. I've had no problems with my NM's but they see nothing but mild wadcutter loads. Use a Commander as my carry gun.

Posts liked by others
    My Commander's slide has the same lightening cuts as first series Gold Cup. Holding up fine.

Posts liked by others
    Is it an older Commander; mine is a pre-series 70 Combat Commander in .45 (bought it used) and I'm not seeing the cuts on mine. Could be that my slide came off of a Govt. Model and was cut down by a smith; have seen a number of those over the years. The Commanders use a heavier recoil spring than the Govt. Model or NM if memory serves me right and that should keep the slide from hitting the frame on recoil. Thanks for the info; will have to look at a friends Commander.

Posts liked by others
    My NM guns are the only ones I run a Wilson Shok Buff in. No harm on a range gun and they do cushion the slide cycling a bit.
    Congrats on the GCNM.
    Lynnie, "Nobody realizes that some people expend tremendous energy merely to be normal. "
    - Albert Camus

Posts liked by others
    Late to the thread. I paid $2K for a 66 with box and papers last year. Of course I got it from a friend who has given me some great deals on Ruger No. 1 rifles, something else I collect. It is on top with a 79 in the middle and a 88 at the bottom. From a distance Gold Cup National Match pistols looked the same for years.

I could see buying it from your brother and that is about what one would go for in that shape down here. Some of my friends ask about them and I remind them that the new ones are about $1.1k from a gun store and probably less online. I have both the GCT and the new Series 70 GCNM and both these were made in 2015. I replaced the rubber wrap around grips on the GCT with some stocks from Altamont.

NRA Life Member
    Likes (1) :
    t-bird (11th June 2016)