Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: What holster do you all use

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others
    Dang, Rick, are you going to make me look up Panther Concealment? http://www.pantherconcealment.com

OK, I've seen them before, I haven't used them, but they are in Florida.

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick McC. View Post
    I have a few Brommeland Gunleather IWB's that I've owned for several years, and recently added a few Panther Concealment Kydex IWB, OWB, amd fixed blade sheaths.

I find them to be as comfortable to carry as the leather holsters, and much faster to draw from than any leather holsters I've ever owned.

All Panther Concealment holsters and sheaths are custom made to order.
    Hi Rick, you know what I use but for everyone else I'm Panther Concealment all the way.

Posts liked by others
    The Lobo Gunleather is interesting, as is the Panther Concealment. I admit that getting into certain small cars can be difficult because the holster snags on the seat back (I'm a big guy, and sometimes I have to fold myself gingerly into some of the cars made today.) If the Lobo concept works, that might eliminate that problem. The Panther Concealment holster looks to be quite thin, also.

Wade

Posts liked by others
    Depends on what day you are asking.

Posts liked by others
    I'm currently using a IWB for my Taurus PT 1911AR. Not bad for a $10 unit but I'm looking for a good level 2 OWB for CCW anyone have something like it or know where to look?
    Last edited by 1000; 27th May 2015 at 15:28. Reason: oops of first try

Posts liked by others
    I have a Commander sized pancake style leather holster (they stock full,sized, too) made by Mitch Rosen Extraordinary Gunleather that is sold by Dillon Precision. It is absolutely top quality (much better than the Galco it replaced).

Best of all; it's an "in stock" item at Dillon, so there's no wait.
    "Sights are for the unenlightened."

Rick

IDPA Certified Safety Officer
    Last edited by Rick McC.; 29th May 2015 at 21:52.

Posts liked by others
    Rick, thanks. I did look at the Brommeland Def Con, and it definitely looks like a quality product. I have tried kydex before, and while it does draw faster, I just don't like it. Not rational, I know, but there it is. I have carried for many years in a clone of Nelson's Summer Special, and while this is an excellent way to carry, I have found that Owb works well for me. I think I will look into the Brommeland mag pouch, though. I have a double pouch paddle holster. It works, but not as well as the Brommeland products would.

Wade

Posts liked by others
    Rick, I checked out Dillon, and they no longer carry Mitch Rosen, or at least I didn't find it. Too bad, as a Mitch Rosen RJ2 would be the ticket.

Wade

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by PolyKahr View Post
    Rick, I checked out Dillon, and they no longer carry Mitch Rosen, or at least I didn't find it. Too bad, as a Mitch Rosen RJ2 would be the ticket.

Wade
    It's the second item listed in the holsters section (the first is a Rosen mag pouch) http://www.dillonprecision.com/#/con...atid/22/5JR_DL

Edit to add:

...a Mitch Rosen RJ2 would be the ticket.
    For clarity, it is a 5JR.
    Last edited by JTQ; 30th May 2015 at 10:51.

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by 1000 View Post
    I'm currently using a IWB for my Taurus PT 1911AR. Not bad for a $10 unit but I'm looking for a good level 2 OWB for CCW anyone have something like it or know where to look?
    I'm not really clear on Level's of retention, but most concealed carriers don't use a retention device on their concealed carry holsters. If you need that sort of device, you may want to check with Safariland

http://www.safariland.com/products/holsters-and-gear/

They are well known for duty style retention holsters, though less as makers of concealment products.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast