Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: barrel question about Norinco 1911a1

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others

barrel question about Norinco 1911a1

New guy here,and here is my sad story.

After many thousands of safe reloads,I had my today. bulged barrel,so had to be a squib,even though I swear the round before it hit steel.

anyway,how interchangable are they with other 1911 barrels..same same ?

I will have my 'smith look things over to make sure nothing else is damaged or stretched,it was an odd sound,not what i'd call a KABOOM,thank God.

Happy new year folks

Posts liked by others
    Back when Norincos were readily available, Tuner said he commonly used Springfield barrels to replace poorly fit Chinese barrels. I don't know if you can get a Springfield barrel any more, unless from a shooter or gunsmith who had replaced it with a fitted aftermarket barrel.

Posts liked by others
    Here's you some nice reading material. http://forum.m1911.org/showthread.ph...-ez-fit-barrel

Posts liked by others
    All Norinco parts are fully interchangeable and upgradable. The only exception I am aware of is the grip bushings which are proprietary for some unknown reason and can be ordered from Marstar.ca if needed.

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by Publican View Post
    All Norinco parts are fully interchangeable and upgradable. The only exception I am aware of is the grip bushings which are proprietary for some unknown reason and can be ordered from Marstar.ca if needed.
    I don't believe any Norinco parts can be imported into the U.S.

Posts liked by others
    Blog Entries
    Correct.

You may try the Roto barrels from Sarco, for $50, they are amazingly good quality and almost drop-in in a Norinco.
    John Caradimas SV1CEC
    The M1911 Pistols Organization
    http://www.m1911.org

Posts liked by others
    Thanks for the heads' up on the Roto barrels. ! out of stock,but I"ll contact them about it. I have a gunsmith neighbor that can do minor or even major fitting if necessary.
    thanks !!

Posts liked by others
    Once upon a time, Bill Wilson was thought to use Norincos as a base for his specialty pistols. This was, of course, some time ago and I am unaware of how new your pistol is. This suggests other barrels may work, with little or a lot of fitting, just depends....

In any case, I have always thought anything fits anything if my hammer is big enough.

Posts liked by others
    I have used Norinco 45's for the base of several custom guns. They work very well and always respond well to quality upgrades. With a new barrel and a fitted bushing and link you will be very happy with the results.

Posts liked by others
    I did exactly the same thing with mine. I swapped out the bulged barrel for a Colt barrel. My gunsmith gave it the once-over and declared it good to go with a new bushing and I've now got a couple of thousand rounds through my NorColt.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast