Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Spingfield TRP or Baer Concept VI?

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others

Spingfield TRP or Baer Concept VI?

So I have currently a Springfield TRP, Range Officer, and a Remington R1 Enhanced threaded. I have a desire for a stainless 1911 to round out the collection, and have been eyeballing a stainless TRP due to its quality and relative affordability. However, I have now come across the Les Baer Concept VI, which looks very similar externally to the TRP. My question is mainly focused on the price. I can get the TRP for around $1250 or less with military pricing. The Concept VI appears to run around $2,000. Is the Les Baer worth the extra $800 as far as features and quality? I don't mind paying for quality, and I prefer to quality over quantity, but I do not like paying a premium for a brand if the additional cost is not justified. Thanks in advance!

Posts liked by others
    I have a TRP and a Les Baer Custom Carry. Love them both but the Baer is more accurate and worth the extra cost. Talk to John at CJ1911Heaven.com for very good pricing on LB products.

Quote Originally Posted by BIPMaster View Post
    So I have currently a Springfield TRP, Range Officer, and a Remington R1 Enhanced threaded. I have a desire for a stainless 1911 to round out the collection, and have been eyeballing a stainless TRP due to its quality and relative affordability. However, I have now come across the Les Baer Concept VI, which looks very similar externally to the TRP. My question is mainly focused on the price. I can get the TRP for around $1250 or less with military pricing. The Concept VI appears to run around $2,000. Is the Les Baer worth the extra $800 as far as features and quality? I don't mind paying for quality, and I prefer to quality over quantity, but I do not like paying a premium for a brand if the additional cost is not justified. Thanks in advance!
    Maalox

Posts liked by others
    Thanks for the reply. Really just trying to justify the additional cost for myself since on the exterior they look fairly identical.

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by Maalox View Post
    I have a TRP and a Les Baer Custom Carry. Love them both but the Baer is more accurate and worth the extra cost. Talk to John at CJ1911Heaven.com for very good pricing on LB products.
    +1 on the Les Baer. I also have a TRP in Stainless and and Les Baer PII in stainless. There is a world of difference between the two. The PII is so much more solid, smooth and accurate. You will notice a difference after you run your first magazine of ammo through the Les Baer. Don't get me wrong, the TRP is a very good gun, but just not in the same league as the Baer.
    HH

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by headhog View Post
    +1 on the Les Baer. I also have a TRP in Stainless and and Les Baer PII in stainless. There is a world of difference between the two. The PII is so much more solid, smooth and accurate. You will notice a difference after you run your first magazine of ammo through the Les Baer. Don't get me wrong, the TRP is a very good gun, but just not in the same league as the Baer.
    Thanks for the honest assessment.

Posts liked by others
    Get the Baer; you'll never regret it.

John at CJ1911Heaven is where I got my Baer; great guy, great prices and fast delivery (two days if he has what you want in stock).
    "Sights are for the unenlightened."

Rick

IDPA Certified Safety Officer
    Last edited by Rick McC.; 18th December 2014 at 16:32.

Posts liked by others
    I have a stainless TRP and several Les Baer guns. The TRP is a really nice and one of the finest production 1911's I've owned but it's not a Les Baer. Call John and adopt a Les Baer, you'll be happy.
    Lynnie, "Nobody realizes that some people expend tremendous energy merely to be normal. "
    - Albert Camus

Posts liked by others
    I'd like to add that yesterday I adopted a new Dan Wesson Valor. I was impressed with my Springfields (TRP & Trophy Match) but the level of fit/assembly on the new DW surpasses all production 1911's I've handled. The parts are fit up as snug as would appear possible without being the kind of snug/tight that you get in a Les Baer. An example is the bushing to frame-bushing to barrel fit, my LB guns are under tension and tools are required. The DW almost required a bushing wrench. It was fit as tight as it can be and not be over snug. Not that over snug is a bad thing.
    The Valor is priced between a LB and a TRP and I'd suggest that they are worth a look.
    Best wishes!
    Lynnie, "Nobody realizes that some people expend tremendous energy merely to be normal. "
    - Albert Camus

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by Joni Lynn View Post
    I'd like to add that yesterday I adopted a new Dan Wesson Valor. I was impressed with my Springfields (TRP & Trophy Match) but the level of fit/assembly on the new DW surpasses all production 1911's I've handled. The parts are fit up as snug as would appear possible without being the kind of snug/tight that you get in a Les Baer. An example is the bushing to frame-bushing to barrel fit, my LB guns are under tension and tools are required. The DW almost required a bushing wrench. It was fit as tight as it can be and not be over snug. Not that over snug is a bad thing.
    The Valor is priced between a LB and a TRP and I'd suggest that they are worth a look.
    Best wishes!
    Believe me when I say I have long lusted over the DW 1911s. They are as gorgeous a pistol as any out there.

Posts liked by others
    I spent part of the day comparing my DW to my LB guns and others and while I don't think it is a LB I'm anxious to see how it shoots. There's no play anywhere. I still like my LB guns but I already have 4 of them. This time I got the V Bob from Buds. It was the most reasonable price I found.
    Pick the price level you are comfortable with and don;'t wish to exceed and buy the best gun you can for that amount. If you had said $400 I would have said RIA, but you are looking for the nice stuff. Either way, you're going to really like any of the ones mentioned and it'll grow on you the more you shoot it. I let my friends shoot my guns and now they want my LB's. Maybe I should stay quiet about the DW for awhile.
    If you were nearby I'd take you out to the range and let you try these out.
    Merry Christmas
    - Albert Camus
    Last edited by Joni Lynn; 20th December 2014 at 22:32.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast