Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Pawn Shop Purchase

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others
    Any updates?

Posts liked by others
    Sorry for staying away for so long. I put this in the safe for a while and forgot about it. I recently got it out and decided to finally get some sights on it. Well here it is. The oxphoblue finish is starting to wear a little. I replaced the mainspring housing, barrel bushing and spring with Wilson parts. I hand fit the barrel bushing myself. It definitely needs a wrench to remove and the barrel has very little play. The sights are the MGW ones mentioned previously in this thread. I did not install them. I just couldn't justify paying $50 for a tool I will hopefully only use once when my gunsmith did it for $25. Thing is a tack driver though and shoots as well as my Sig TacOps and my Springfield Loaded.

I did recently get into cerakoting and am debating using this as my first full restoration job. I'm also debating changing out the palm safety and hammer. Since the gun only cost me $200 it seems like the best option for me to learn on but there's something with doing all that work to a 1911 that I'm not a fan of.

IMG_0757[1].jpg
    IMG_0748[1].jpg

Posts liked by others
    I don't know if anyone still cares about this thread but I recently got into cerakoting. Since I bought this pistol specifically to work on I decided that it needed a coat. I know some of you thought it looked good at first all worn, but I think this looks much better. This is the thirst item I've cerakoted and I think it came out well. I used graphite black and burnt bronze H-series cerakote. Hope you like it as much as I do.

IMG_0995[2].jpg
    IMG_0996[2].jpg
    IMG_0997[2].jpg
    IMG_1001[1].jpg
    Likes (1) :
    picketpin (14th March 2016)

Posts liked by others
    I like how that came out

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123