Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: amazing site

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others

amazing site

I am new member here and have visited a few sites prior to landing here but none can compare to the wealth of knowledge that I have seen here. I can see that I have a great deal to learn . I thought I knew something about reloading and am now humbled. So now time to move forward and ask embarrassing questions. And seeing that some folks shoot 2 1/2 inch groups at 50 yards!. If I ever did that I'd have thought I'd had died and gone to heaven!@
    thanks guys
    Ed from the frozen north

Posts liked by others
    Welcome aboard.
    Hawkmoon
    On a good day, can hit the broad side of a barn ... from the inside

Posts liked by others
    Blog Entries

Buh, don't worry about it. I feel lucky if I can put all my bullets on the paper, at 25 yards, at 50 I can hardly see the target. So don't feel alone!
    John Caradimas SV1CEC
    The M1911 Pistols Organization
    http://www.m1911.org

Posts liked by others
    Welcome! My shooting improved when I became a member of this site...yours will as well. It just happens that way. Oh, and you're correct about the knowledge imbedded in this site. And all of the members are really nice and helpful.

Posts liked by others
    Howdy from the Bluegrass State,KY.
    Springfield Armory Model 1911-A1 45 Auto.
    Colt Government M1991 A1 .45 Auto.
    Rock Island Armory 1911 .45 ACP
    Kimber Custom II 1911 .45 ACP
    Ruger SR 1911 ,45 Auto

Posts liked by others
    Welcome from SW Florida!

Glad you found us!

My intro to the 1911 was compliments of Uncle Sam back in the early '70's.

My intro to becoming a "student of the 1911" started when I found this site in 2006.
    "Sights are for the unenlightened."

Rick

IDPA Certified Safety Officer

Posts liked by others
    I've had a variety of pistols (and a few revolvers) over the years but, until just recently, never really wanted any sort of "1911" (or variants thereof). For some reason, I got an irresistible impulse this past Spring and bought a new Auto-Ordnance Model 1911A1. That led to a Colt repro Model of 1911 (the O1919) and a new-manufacture Colt Government Model. After all these years, I've found the gun(s) I should have had all along! (Oh - and welcome from the Hoosier state! )

Posts liked by others
    Hello Rick and thanks for the welcome
    SW Florida Is that where there is sunshine and warmth ? ( smile ) we have not seen any of that in a while. Cheers and Merry Christmas
    Ed from the frozen North.

Posts liked by others
    Thanks for the welcome and your right there is just nothing like the feel and history of the 1911 A1 . I am always astounded how that man designed something that continues to be viable to this day .
    Merry Christmas from frozen Bancroft Ontario Canada
    Ed

Posts liked by others
    Merry Christmas & welcome from Missouri. I also could shoot better if my arms were longer!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast