Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: RIA Compact on the way.

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others
    The label says its a Snug-Fit.

Posts liked by others
    Thanks.
    I found some at Optics Planet and at Amazon.

Posts liked by others
    Thinking about switching out sights. The dot type with adjustable rear. I have "heard" that RIA has adjustable rear sights, but a search of their website didn't reveal anything. I mean, I know I can get Novak-type sights and have them fitted to the slide, but if there is already one made for the slide...even better. I know there has been discussion on the forum about sights on the RIA. I've never messed with sights before and I know for whatever rear sight you get the front sight needs to be the right height for it. Has anyone put a 3 dot sight system on their RIA compact with adjustable rear, and what all was involved?

Posts liked by others
    When I removed my rear sight to refinish mine it was very very tight fit and must have been pressed in.
    Took the set screw out and still had to use a hammer and punch and alot of hard blows to get it to come out.
    A bit of file'n so I wont need to repeat that.. lol

Posts liked by others
    Thanks. I found a Fusion front sight (white dot) that the seller says will fit the front slot, and it is .199ht.
    I have found a Kensight adjustable rear sight, Novak type, white dot, and I'll have to modify the slide for it to fit. I have a gunsmith who told me if I'll get the sights he'll do the fitting.
    I presume this will work ok.

Posts liked by others
    I have the Citadel Compact and I had to send the Pistol back yesterday. I asked the Gunsmith at Armscor what were the dimensions of the dovetails, because I wanted to know what fit. This is what he emailed me.
    Citadel Sight Dimensions
    FRONT - .330x65deg.x.073(dovetail height). REAR - .495x65deg.

Posts liked by others
    Ok, I ordered a Fusion white dot .190 for the front. I have also ordered a Kensight adjustable 2 dot rear sight. I ordered it from Midway. I registered as new customer, got a $5 discount. I also paid for it with my new NRA credit card which is supposed to give me a promo $35 credit. AND I also just got in my rebate from RIA. In the long run the rear sights will end up costing me nothing.
    Of course, I'll have to pay to have them fitted and installed.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234