Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Thread: One less NIB

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others

One less NIB

Today I fired my NIB blued Norinco, with the end result that it is now no longer NIB. I loaded 45 rounds and it went bang 45 times with no function issues. I haven't fired a 1911 in about 20 years. It was such a pleasant shooting experience. My limited handgun experience in the last 20 years has been primarily with .44 Magnum Super Blackhawks. I did notice that the right grip was moving a bit, even though I tightened both sides before shooting. I noticed another thing. Due to my lack of experience in recent years with the 1911, this could be normal, but I have no idea. I noticed that when the magazine was loaded and locked in, it could move up and down a bit. If you push the magazine up till the front of the baseplate is tight to the frame, it can drop downward a distance equal to about the thickness of the magazine baseplate. I never noticed this with the magazine empty.

Danny
    Last edited by bonesaw; 26th May 2014 at 20:19.

Posts liked by others
    Always nice to hear that working guns get worked..!

A bit of looseness shouldn't be a problem. Perhaps you could start a thread in Gunsmithing, to get people's advice there.

But while we're here, we like pictures!
    Too many people miss the silver lining because they're expecting gold.
    M. Setter

Posts liked by others
    Spyros,
    I have uploaded two pictures of mine to the Norinco picture thread.

Danny

Posts liked by others
    I just saw it, congrats.

You can put #60 o-rings between the grip screws and the grips themselves, before tightening them. The screws may stand a little proud this way, but they won't loosen in a hurry.

As for the magazine being loose, if the gun is reliable and brass eject consistently (a small variation as the magazine gets empty is normal), I wouldn't worry.
    Too many people miss the silver lining because they're expecting gold.
    M. Setter

Posts liked by others
    It seemed to vary from something like sometimes 2-3 feet away, and up to something like 5-8 feet back, but it is reliable, so I won't be concerned with it. I am doing a minor remodel to my reloading room. When I am done I will play with some of my other magazines filled with empty cases, to see if it is a magazine related issue.

Danny

Posts liked by others
    I envy you sir

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by tekarra View Post
    I envy you sir
    Why?

Danny

Posts liked by others
    I'm about to do the same...it's a '92 model ser#617***. The guy I bought it from put in a full length guide rod and different spring plus some Wilson grips but other then that it's factory original...and I've got the parts he removed so it's all still there. I just have'nt been able to make myself pull the trigger...but hey, it's a good problem to have right?