Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Thread: Profile/Settings?

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others

Profile/Settings?

Been a member since 2007, but very few posts. I read more than anything.

Anyway, went to my profile so I could add my location and no joy. Tried settings, no luck there either. I did get U.S.A. as country, but that's as far as it went.

Do I need more posts to add this, or, am I looking in the wrong place, or what?

Also, my welcome, notifications, my profile...etc. are superimposed on top of the blue buttons for 'Mission' ..... Legal. Can't read the others, the other stuff blocks them out. Can I fix this?

Thanks so much.

Wet

Posts liked by others
    Do you have an add on such as 'No Script' running on your browser?

I haven't checked recently, but last I recall, location is a plain, 'type-as-you-like' affair. But before working on this, you need to figure out why the menus don't display properly.

If in doubt, try a different browser.
    Too many people miss the silver lining because they're expecting gold.
    M. Setter

Posts liked by others
    No, 'no script' that I'm aware of.

Tried a different browser, logging off then back on, still no joy.

Wet

Posts liked by others
    Yeaaaaa!!!!!!!

Kept clicking around and finally found it.

Wet

Posts liked by others
    Great, but what was the problem, in case other users want to know??
    M. Setter

Posts liked by others
    Clicked on my username, went to my profile, then the 'about me', and then edit the location from the list displayed.

I really found it by accident. Having it under 'country' in the general settings would make more sense, but probably not worth the trouble to redo the set up. How often does the location change? Not all that often I would guess.

Wet

Posts liked by others
    John switched the forum to a newer version of vBulletin a few months ago... it was easier said than done (to put it mildly) because over time, John had customized the previous version with plenty of user-friendly touches, that were partly or wholly incompatible with the newer versions.

I think most of the blimps from the switch have been ironed out by now, but perhaps this is one we missed... but it's probably not worth modifying, if it causes John to have another headache, the next time the software needs to be updated!

I hope the menus etc look OK now.
    M. Setter

Posts liked by others
    Well, I did read that thread from Hawkmoon about the display options and then followed John's instructions and went over to the "Legacy Post Bit", but really don't know if that made any difference or not.

At least now it displays like every other forum I visit, with the info on the left.

Wet