Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Conduct Of This Forum

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others
    Just a thought:
    There are also some of us with what is called 'D' type personalities. Additionally, there are some of us that are 'thin skinned'. All things considered, we can all take a moment and review our posts and make efforts not to offend anyone.
    I can honestly tell you that I have needed to take the high road more than once.
    Beauty is skin deep but ugly goes right to the bone.

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by ncviking View Post
    Just a thought:
    There are also some of us with what is called 'D' type personalities. Additionally, there are some of us that are 'thin skinned'. All things considered, we can all take a moment and review our posts and make efforts not to offend anyone.
    I can honestly tell you that I have needed to take the high road more than once.
    Well thought out.

But, bottom line; those that prefer to conduct themselves as "less than civil" will be better served someplace else.
    Last edited by Rick McC.; 20th March 2014 at 20:58.

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by AKexpat View Post
    That is quite a stretch.

Uh-oh? I guess you folks have no room for dissension. Too bad for everyone.

I'm done here before I get banned.
    In fact, we have lots of room for healthy discussion and even disagreement. However, as is clearly explained in the forum rules, divergent opinions must be expressed in a civilized and gentlemanly manner. Personal attacks and insults are not allowed.

Merriam-Webster on-line offers two definitions of "dissension":

dis·sen·sion
    noun \di-ˈsen(t)-shən\

: disagreement that causes the people in a group to argue about something that is important to them

Full Definition of DISSENSION
    : disagreement; especially : partisan and contentious quarreling

We encourage members to discuss and even to "argue" about things that are important to them ... but in the classic connotation of "argue," such as arguing a case in court. What we try to avoid is the second definition: "contentiouis quarreling."
    Hawkmoon
    On a good day, can hit the broad side of a barn ... from the inside

Posts liked by others
    I visit The 1911 Forum's occasionally, there should be rules and they should be followed. This is for the exchange of ideas, issues etc. Not to get out of hand. This is a very good site, a credit to John Caradimas and the others who run it. There are other sites where language does get out of hand why that is allowed is another question. Keep up the good work.

Posts liked by others
    Wait a minute, I thought a "xenophobe" was one of them things that Borg drones inject into other folks to assimilate them into the collective?

Posts liked by others
    "Resistance is futile".
    SEMPER FI

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12