Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Conduct Of This Forum

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others

Conduct Of This Forum

The reaction of site administration to recent bitter comments in two threads ( http://forum.m1911.org/showthread.ph...Trigger-Gauges and http://forum.m1911.org/showthread.ph...they-are-doing) point to the underlying thing I like about this Forum. It's truly an international community with members from all corners of the globe who are required to conduct themselves in a civil manner. As such, it's not the best Forum choice for the xenophobe - especially the "foaming-at-the-mouth" variety. And potential flame wars are nipped in the bud.

My thanks to John and all others responsible.

Best Regards
    When you can measure what you are speaking about, and express it in numbers, you know something about it; but when you cannot measure it, when you cannot express it in numbers, your knowledge is of a meagre and unsatisfactory kind. [Lord Kelvin]

Posts liked by others
    I would be hard-pressed to find an example of a xenophobe in either of the links you provided.

In retrospect, the administrators/mods here are more strict than the nuns at the Catholic school I attended as a kid.

Posts liked by others
    I agree with niemi24s. Truly an excellent forum that allows members to help each other and learn more about the 1911 type pistol without permitting the misinformation and vitriol so common on other sites. I extend my deepest thanks to John and his moderating staff for their hard work and fair efforts to maintain a respectful environment.
    "Make yourselves sheep and the wolves will eat you." --Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by AKexpat View Post
    I would be hard-pressed to find an example of a xenophobe in either of the links you provided.
    Well, you can't now... but both these threads used to be a little longer.

Thank you for the nice words, Dan. Although I have to say, in my opinion, if a member has to use the ignore function, then us moderators have failed, somewhere.
    Too many people miss the silver lining because they're expecting gold.
    M. Setter
    Last edited by Spyros; 5th March 2014 at 16:26.

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by Spyros View Post
    Well, you can't now... but both these threads used to be a little longer.
    So, my question is: why include truncated threads to illustrate your point? That dog won't hunt.

If you have any other examples of xenophobic vitriol on this forum, I would appreciate seeing them insofar as verifying your post. So far, I have not seen it.

Posts liked by others
    Hello Spyros:

Absolutely no failure on anybody's part. I just happened to be there within minutes of those vitriolic (thanks, 11 Bravo) posts and only follow a few threads in three forums. You folks follow all the posts in all the threads in all the forums all the time! Keep up the good work.

Cheers
    When you can measure what you are speaking about, and express it in numbers, you know something about it; but when you cannot measure it, when you cannot express it in numbers, your knowledge is of a meagre and unsatisfactory kind. [Lord Kelvin]

Posts liked by others
    If you have any other examples of xenophobic vitriol on this forum, I would appreciate seeing them insofar as verifying your post.
    Sounds like someone is proclaiming to be the overseer of the website administrators. Uh-oh.

Regards

Posts liked by others
    That is quite a stretch.

Uh-oh? I guess you folks have no room for dissension. Too bad for everyone.

I'm done here before I get banned.
    Last edited by AKexpat; 5th March 2014 at 18:47.

Posts liked by others
    So, my question is: why include truncated threads to illustrate your point? That dog won't hunt.
    Nobody was trying to illustrate any point, Niemi24s simply wanted us to know what he was thanking us about.

If you have any other examples of xenophobic vitriol on this forum, I would appreciate seeing them insofar as verifying your post. So far, I have not seen it.
    What exactly are you interested in verifying? That some people can be rude?
    Too many people miss the silver lining because they're expecting gold.
    M. Setter

Posts liked by others
    Blog Entries
    I am watching this discussion, and it appears that there are some matters that need to be straightened out.

First of all, AKexpat, you need to understand that this site has members from more than 60 countries. In some of them, something that is acceptable and OK in US, can be an insult. There are also members in this site, who are minors. Since we want this site to be a playground for all 1911 lovers, we have to set some common denominators, in order to make sure that our behavior doesn't cause other members to feel bad. This is the reason why we have our set of Rules. We URGE new members to read those rules, with which by the way, you agree to comply, when you register. However, very few of you guys do so. Then when the moderators enforce those rules, some of you get offended.

Yes, we run a tight ship here, but the only reason we do it, is because we want to offer a "gentlemen's playground" to each and every 1911 lover.

If this is what you are looking for, then you are welcome to our company. If this rules make you feel bad, then obviously, this is not the proper site for you. Life is too short and spending your precious time in a site which doesn't give you what you want is not worth it. We will be sorry to see you go, but we do not plan to change our rules to accomodate anyone. We like it the way it is, and it appears that enough of our members agree with us, so that's the way things will be in here.

I hope this clarifies things. If not, I am here for discussing things. And this is the proper place to discuss these things.
    John Caradimas SV1CEC
    The M1911 Pistols Organization
    http://www.m1911.org

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast