Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Oil or grease

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others
    I use oil on the tighter guns, grease on the loose ones (1911 guns). Got a Springfield 9mm Loaded that rattles like a baby toy, it gets greased and the rattle is slightly buffered. On my Kimber or Les Baer (both tight guns), oil works fine.

Plastic guns get minimal oil sporadically. They don't seem to need it, and they appear to stay clean longer if they are not oiled much.

Garand gets grease, bolt guns and ARs get oil. Shotguns also get oil. Only cause that's what the manuals say, and I can't thing of a reason to not abide in these cases.

Down to one revolver and it's rarely used, but if I lube it, it's with oil.

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by Spyros View Post
    I use gunbutter and CLP on my guns, stainless or otherwise. Lately I've been giving a product based on Molybdenum Bisulphide a try, but it's too early to call this one.
    I have been using Safari Land brand CLP since I had it for my ARs. I use it because MSG Half-Mast said using my automotive chemicals to clean cleans too well and removes everything. I can verify that it things like brake cleaner and carb cleaner remove everything. I didn't think about how the CLP provided keeps a light film on it. I might try the gun butter to see if it is more "slippery".

Posts liked by others
    TS-70 moly

Eliminates all wear
    Reduces Friction
    Prevents Galling
    Fights corrosion
    Stays were you put it.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567