Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from Brownells, Cabela's, TandemKros or Tekmat, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Also, don't forget to visit our other sponsors sites, click-throughs are appreciated by our advertisers. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Can no longer edit / delete post in the For Flea Market?

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others
    Blog Entries
    When you say "old thread", which one is that? In which forum?
    John Caradimas SV1CEC
    The M1911 Pistols Organization
    http://www.m1911.org

Posts liked by others
    Blog Entries
    OK, I found a for sale ad for VZ Grips, is that what you are talking about? That thread is more than 30 days old, so obviously, you shouldn't be able to edit it.
    John Caradimas SV1CEC

Posts liked by others
    Yes - that is the one I was talking about... I can't delete it either, so it seems that if they aren't going to self prune then the edit/delete should last for as long as the post does? But yes you are right if the edit/delete is set at 30 days it makes sense I can't...

Shall I leave the test post selling thin air or delete it?

Robert.
    NRA Endowment Life Member.
    The true danger is when liberty is nibbled away, for expedients, and by parts. - Edmund Burke 1777

Posts liked by others
    Blog Entries
    Yeap. Don't worry about the old thread, it will be deleted automatically, hopefully tonight.

As for the other, leave it there, we'll see. Thin air is a hot commodity these days!
    John Caradimas SV1CEC

Posts liked by others

Thanks boss!!!

Robert.
    The true danger is when liberty is nibbled away, for expedients, and by parts. - Edmund Burke 1777

Posts liked by others
    Blog Entries
    Most welcome Sir!
    John Caradimas SV1CEC

Posts liked by others
    We are about (counts on fingers and toes) 28 hours after the thin air post and I can still edit the post. The administrative option (at the top near thread tools) to "delete" is now gone for me although the option to delete from within the edit window is present.

Robert.

Posts liked by others
    Blog Entries
    I had to make some changes, in the way the links at the bottom of the posts work. It is not possible to disable the replying buttons in the way I wanted them to, without changing the way these same buttons work in the other forums. So I had to use the standard vBulletin way, the links appear but do not work. Sorry if that is not very convenient, but that's the best I can do.
    John Caradimas SV1CEC

Posts liked by others
    10 days edit still working, appears to be fixed...

Robert.

Posts liked by others
    All that made my brain hurt. Now I'm having second thoughts about wanting to go to the "FOR SALE" when my post count is high enough.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast