Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

Sponsors Panel
Ruger
If you intend to buy something from Brownells, Cabela's, Blue Ridge Firerarms or Field Supply, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Also, don't forget to visit our other sponsors sites, click-throughs are appreciated by our advertisers. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Thread: CMD Ruger back to factory very poor barrel fit. Bad Crown

CMD Ruger back to factory very poor barrel fit. Bad Crown

My new Commander length SR1911 has a very poor barrel fit. With the gun in battery there is a lot of vertical movement as well as side to side movment. I know it is not a high priced 1911 but the barrel fit I have seen on Rock Island it superior to this particular Ruger. The full size I had locked up as good as any production 1911 out there and was very accurate. Barrel crown was also bad. It looked like someone had used a rock to try to crown the barrel. I seems there is more problems with the Commanders than with the full size model. I feel Ruger will make it rght.
    The finish is not as smooth and even like the full size I had. Trigger pull is good out of the box. Have any of you had a poorley fitted barrel or bad crown?

I am very pleased with my recent SR1911CMD purchase. I have detail stripped and inspected it, no issues. Certainly not a recessed or target crown but POI and accuracy exceeded my expectations.
    Pensionato

I have both the 5" and CMD, and both were bought as soon as they were introduced. They are both, considering their price point, extremely tight and very nicely fit and finished. They both perform as well as their construction suggest they should. Ruger has great CS, and I'm sure they'll take care of your new CMD.

Skip

Ruger does have great customer service. They replaced the Barrel Link and test fired my gun with 30rds of Black Hill 230gr ball ammo. Gun is good to go. While I was waiting for my gun to get back I bought another full size SR1911. I own several brands of 1911s including Les Baers. I have seen guns costing alot more than the Rugers that did not shoot any better. I think the Rugers are the best budget price 1911s out there. The slide stop pin does seem a little under sized but thats a cheap and easy fix. Ruger has a real winner with the SR1911. My shooting buddy is quick to point out the MIM parts. I have a Gold Match Kimber that has had a bunch of rounds thru it and has had no parts failure of any kind. I would not think twice about recommending the Ruger 1911.