Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Thread: Ultra Two Tone

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others

Ultra Two Tone

I purchased an Ultra Two Tone a few weeks back, initial impressions are all positive, the fittament/tolerances are tight, no real tooling marks. Front strap is agressive, maybe a little more then I'd normally like (but just a little) though as I haven't had a chance to shoot it yet I can't really say and may find I really like it.

Currently I only have a few [cruddy] cell phone pics but figured I'd share them anyway.

Night Sights are bright and I like that they are stock (however I do also like fiber optic sights) and while I don't need it, I do wish that like the "special/limited editon" version it came stock with an ambi-safety (I shoot lefty)...so if anyone with the se version wants to part with their ambi, I might be willing to buy it!

Between the upcoming holiday and my work schedule (as well as other commitments), I can't say for sure when I will have a chance to get out to the range with it but will be sure and post a report when I do.
    When Guns Are Outlawed
    Only Outlaws Will Have Guns
    Last edited by Rotorflyr; 7th November 2013 at 23:51.

Posts liked by others
    Congrat's on the 2 tone but where's the range report please !!!

Posts liked by others
    Good choice! I like the Sig Ultra's (as you can see). Issues I've had: the third one, two tone with slim grips (left) had a bad spring that caused the plug to break, they gave me new parts. Also, haven't tried in all but the nitron doesn't feed Critical Duty at all and sometimes has had issues with Ranger HP's, the edge of the jacket catches on the bottom of the feed ramp. I't like almost every round with Critical Duty. I was going to see if I can fix that because Ranger is my favorite carry ammo, Critical Duty is a bit hot for my liking.
    sigultras.jpg

Posts liked by others
    I purchased the same gun Rotorflyr. It should be here tomorrow, after Labor Day. I am interested in more opinions of this Sig Ultra Compact 1911. Hope it shoots well for you. I have short fingers, and will want thinner grips. Any suggestions out there for thinner grips?

Posts liked by others
    Did your thin grips come directly from Sig?

Posts liked by others
    I just traded my S&W 629-4 Classic for a "new-in-box, never fired" Sig 1911 Ultra two tone. Ran a box of 230gr RN reload bullets through it with no problems. Love the pistol! I do have one question. I removed the slide, barrel, recoil spring, guide rod and end cap and cleaned everything. Reassembling, I noticed that the recoil spring had a larger and and a smaller inside diameter end with reference to the diameter of the guide rod. I slid the smaller inside diameter of the spring up the guide rod and it was a snug fit as it seated itself at the end of the guide rod. The larger inside diameter end seemed to fit fine inside of the end cap as I reassembled it. Did I reassemble this correctly? It still shoots fine.

Also, is there a way to correlate the serial number with the date of manufacture?