Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Thread: Is the TC1911 real?

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others

Is the TC1911 real?

I swear to god I have been looking for a in depth review on the TC1911, can't find them anywhere. I've looked on youtube, I've looked on these forums and the other 1911 forums, I've even called around my local gun shops to see if anyone had any that I could handle. Everything I've heard about them have been mixed, "Best cheap gun you can buy", "Just as bad as the WH", "They say there made in America but they are really shipped here from the Philippians", "The fit and finish is good but there triggers are no good. Has anyone actually touched one? Do any of you own one, can you tell me if they are good or not?

Posts liked by others
    I have never seen one, but it is listed on AO's website. My thoughts about this model are that there are several 1911's on the market in this price range with similar features that enjoy a better reputation. The Ruger SR1911 comes to mind.
    "Make yourselves sheep and the wolves will eat you." --Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)

Posts liked by others
    The 1911TC is Auto-Ordnance's premium pistol. I don't think many people know about them. Like you, I have never seen one in a gun shop, I have never read a review of one, and I've never met anyone who owns (or who has owned) one. Given that they are so rare, I find it confusing that you appear to have encountered more than one negative review. My guess is that the comments more likely refer to A-O's lower-priced models and that the speakers (or writers) didn't know the difference. If that's the case -- how much credence would you put in the opinion of someone who literally doesn't know what gun he's talking about?

Maybe we'll see if we can arrange to test one for our e-zine.
    Hawkmoon
    On a good day, can hit the broad side of a barn ... from the inside
    Last edited by Hawkmoon; 20th September 2013 at 19:55.

Posts liked by others
    That's what I'm saying the few people who do have something to say about them, always use their experience with the AO WWII. Which is why I'm trying to figure out if anyone here has one or has had one. Because, I was thinking about picking one up off GunBroker.

Posts liked by others
    I purchased one several years ago. I understand that they have reintroduced this model. The gun always fired with no problems. The checkering was not very sharp. A large area around the trigger guard had not been polished. I had to send the pistol back. When I first broke the pistol down there was alot of dust inside of the pistol. I think was from the polishing done at the factory. The trigger pull was good. The pistol was very accurate. I traded the pistol for some thing else. I hope this helps.

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by cammy1o9
    I swear to god I have been looking for a in depth review on the TC1911, can't find them anywhere. I've looked on youtube, I've looked on these forums and the other 1911 forums, I've even called around my local gun shops to see if anyone had any that I could handle. Everything I've heard about them have been mixed, "Best cheap gun you can buy", "Just as bad as the WH", "They say there made in America but they are really shipped here from the Philippians", "The fit and finish is good but there triggers are no good. Has anyone actually touched one? Do any of you own one, can you tell me if they are good or not?
    I happen to own the newest version of the 1911 that you are interested in. Sub 500 serial number. I really like mine. My friends that have run some magazines through it like it. Accurate, everything fits very tight, as with most stainless steel models I assume- it needs quite a bit of lubrication to keep it running smooth.

I purposely did not clean mine to see how many rounds it wouls take to foul things up. The answer is at about 100 rounds through from clean, I had to field strip it and give it a quick wipedown, nothing crazy, just a rag to get the residue out of the magazine chamber.

This is my first 1911 so I can't say that it is bulletproof or anything. I've had some stove pipes but no fail to feeds, and it needs lubrication, other than that it has been a really accurate pistol with not much to bother me. I have run at least 500 rounds through it and am quite happy with my purchase. I walked out the door with mine for just a tad over 700.

...Ron
    Last edited by RSCamaro; 8th October 2013 at 05:54.

Posts liked by others

1911tc

I received one last week, ordered online from Bud's. Funny thing, they didn't actually list it online, but I found it by running a search and the picture that came up was for a parked 1911. I called them and confirmed it was indeed a TC. At any rate, I'm pleased with the purchase and am impressed with how tight it is and the quality of manufacture. I ran 200 rounds through it yesterday, ball & JHP without any malfunctions. Also impressed with it's accuracy considering my old diabetic eyes. I will be looking to change the sights however, as the blacked out fixed sights are hard for me to pick up. OA says the slide cut is proprietary, but they look like Kimbers to me.

Posts liked by others
    I just got my copy of GUNS magazine and the 1911 TC is on the cover. John Taffin does a review of it. It's positive for the most part. I wont spoil the fun though.
    U.S. Navy Vet. Hospital Corpsman.

Posts liked by others

Tc1911

I read that article online before I got mine and then again when I got the magazine. I made sure to check the set screw on the rear sight before I went to the range. I also added a fusion magwell and some VZ grips. It's not as nice as my sig, but I'm liking it ok.

Posts liked by others
    I would swear that rear sight's from a Kimber...
    Too many people miss the silver lining because they're expecting gold.
    M. Setter