Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Thread: Shooting to the left

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others

Shooting to the left

I have a NHC Predator II pistol. This pistol has a coned, flanged barrel. Everything is as tight as could be expected for a $4k gun.

The gun is fitted with an adjustable Bomar type rear sight. The sight body and front sight appear to be properly aligned to the bore. I've measured with calipers and everything appears to be centred. I'm using the serrations on the top of the slide to judge that body of the RS is centred. The front sight also appears to be centred.

I'm also using the firing pin to judge the centre. I have the notch adjusted very close to 1/16th to the right. I used a quality bore sighter before I touched anything. The laser was consistently to the left.

With the adjustable sight centred, the gun shoots approximately 2-3 inches left at 15 yards. I've tried shooting from a rest with very close attention to good trigger technique.

In order to get the POI at POA, I have to adjust the sight almost to the extent of travel. The notch is more than 16th to the right.

I plan to ask NHC to address this problem. However I would like some ideas as to what is wrong before I do and would appreciate some input from the forum.
    Night Hawk Custom Predator II 45, SIG P-210 Target Legend, Stag Arms AR15, CMMG M4-LEP .22 Upper and a Tactical Solutions .22 upper for the 1911.

Posts liked by others
    Hello Hercster, where have you been?

This may be a long shot, but have you tried rotating the bore-sighter in the chamber, to see if it wanders a bit? I know they're not supposed to do so, but..?
    Too many people miss the silver lining because they're expecting gold.
    M. Setter

Posts liked by others
    Hi Back Spyros!

I've been around but spend more time on other forums. I've broadened my shooting interests too and now shoot rifle and shotgun in additions to pistol. The multi gun matches are so much fun I couldn't resist and so now have two uppers for my AR 15 rifle and a tactical shotgun.

Yes I did try rotating the bore sighter without change. However the shots are going left for sure. Many think it's "operator error" so I'm going to pursue that. I don't have a similar problem with my SIG P-210 but that doesn't prove anything. I'm going to have some experienced and skilled shooter try the NHC before I go further.

What's so puzzling is that externally everything seems centred but both the laser and the rounds are going left.

Gord
    Night Hawk Custom Predator II 45, SIG P-210 Target Legend, Stag Arms AR15, CMMG M4-LEP .22 Upper and a Tactical Solutions .22 upper for the 1911.