Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Thread: Transitioning from right to left

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others

Transitioning from right to left

Has Begun. And thanks to all who had given me advice. Sorry it took so long for any kind of update.

After some holding and pointing with the pistol in the house for a few months to try and gain some familiarity and muscle memory. Finally went to the range to put some rounds on target with my son. Very comfortable shooting the Colt left handed and still using my right eye for aiming (right eye dominant). I was also able to keep the pistol upright while shooting and didn't have the need to hold it "gangsta style" sideways. Decent groups from 20 to 30 feet, but not excellent. Which is ok, cause I just love to practice!

Posts liked by others
    Practice will continue to help...always. I am right handed and left eye domanant and have no issues with pistols. You can always move your hand (or hands for a two-hand hold) over in front of your dominant eye. Assuming of course you don't have an injury of some kind. Learning to shoot with your weak-side hand can prove to be a chore but again practice will help a lot. I have not had to hold my pistol gangster style to accomplish the right hand left eye shooting. But holding the pistol a little sideways should not be an issue with the pistols performance.