Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Thread: Closed Picture Threads

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others

Closed Picture Threads

Could the forum "unlock" some of the picture threads in the sub-forums?

Since the posting volume on the forum has gone down in recent years, some excellent picture threads have been locked due to lack of posts, such as the Holster Picture Thread, Ed Brown Picture Thread, Les Baer Picture Thread, etc. While these are excellent historical references, it'd be nice to have folks able to add to them.

Thanks,

Jim

Posts liked by others
    Blog Entries
    Very soon, possibly within this week, we'll move our sites to a new temporary server, before they are moved to a new server. Since we'll install new server software, which does not support all those limitations, all "locked" threads will become unlocked.
    John Caradimas SV1CEC
    The M1911 Pistols Organization
    http://www.m1911.org
    Last edited by John; 8th July 2013 at 08:54.

Posts liked by others
    JTQ, in the mean time, if you want to post pictures of your gun and the relevant picture thread is locked, start a thread called "for [manufacturer's name here] picture thread" in the right section. We can merge it with the relevant locked thread, thus unlocking it.
    Too many people miss the silver lining because they're expecting gold.
    M. Setter

Posts liked by others
    Blog Entries
    That's why I love this kid, he has brains!
    John Caradimas SV1CEC
    The M1911 Pistols Organization
    http://www.m1911.org

Posts liked by others
    Thank you, John, that will be great.

By the way, I apologize for posting in this section, I should have put it in the "Questions and Suggestions" section. My intention was to put it there, but I must have gotten distracted and posted it here instead. Sorry.

Spyros, thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately, my picture taking and posting skills are pretty limited. However, I truly appreciate the picture work of those with the skills and inclination to post their pictures here. The picture threads have been very helpful to me over the years, especially the holster picture thread, to understand what models are available and how they work with the 1911.

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by John
    Very soon, possibly within this week, we'll move our sites to a new temporary server, before they are moved to a new server. Since we'll install new server software, which does not support all those limitations, all "locked" threads will become unlocked.
    That will be great! I'm looking forward to the update. I've never seen a forum before where the pictures from host sites (like photobucket) were unviewable.
    Seeing as how I have to log off every time I leave, being able to see the pics when I follow the link in my email notification (without having to log in and off again in a short span) would be a big plus.

Love the updates! Thanks John.

Posts liked by others
    It looks like the picture threads are unlocked, thanks.