Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Thread: GRP II Recon Rail Light/Laser Advice

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others

GRP II Recon Rail Light/Laser Advice

Hi, I am new to 1911s and just purchased a GRP II Recon. I purchased this pistol primarily for concealed carry (without light/laser); however, I travel a lot and would like to mount a light/laser while it resides on the nightstand. My guess is the Surefire lights must work fairly well, as Nighthawk includes them with the GRP Recon pistols. My concern is since I have a commander length slide, the light will hang out past the muzzle. Does anyone have experience with other light/laser combinations on a Nighthawk or other 1911? How about experience with a Viridian C5L? Any info. and or photos would be must appreciated.

Thanks.

Posts liked by others
    I use a Streamlight TLR-2 laser/light combo with my 5" GRP Recon. The Streamlight TLR-2 length is 3.39" versus 3.65" for the Surefire 300X.

http://www.streamlight.com/product/p...px?pid=81#tabs

Surefire may well be best-in-class but Streamlight is a close second.