Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: No Randall love round here

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others

No Randall love round here

It is real quiet in here
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you,
    Jesus Christ and the American GI.
    One died for your soul; the other for your freedom..

Posts liked by others
    Blog Entries
    Not too many Randall owners I guess.
    John Caradimas SV1CEC
    The M1911 Pistols Organization
    http://www.m1911.org

Posts liked by others
    It's one my "to own some day" pistols. The Wannenmacher's gun show is in Tulsa in three weeks... Maybe maybe maybe there will be a Randall there this time. And maybe I'll have enough cash.

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by rjinaz85308
    It is real quiet in here
    Considering that production of these pistols ended 28 years ago I wouldn't expect too much activity. Reading your other recent threads, you could give us a range report on your recently worked over example. How does it shoot?
    "Make yourselves sheep and the wolves will eat you." --Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)

Posts liked by others
    Entire forum has been real quiet....me, I'm still looking for the last Randall to round out my collection - the last of 'em, one more left-handed model. Got all the RH models, an' 2 of the 3 LH models.

In the meantime, I've added about 20 more 1911's to the stable...from Sigs to Colts.

Posts liked by others
    Owned one years ago and foolishly sold it!

Posts liked by others
    I check in from time to time but don't usually post, guess I'm just a voyeur!
    Have a real nice B131 (1 of 225) that I shoot, it's not a "safe queen".
    Took it to the range at NRA Headquarters in Fairfax, VA a few weeks ago. Had the fellow to my left look around his stall to see why the brass was flying his way :^) Then the "show and tell began. Have bought and sold 3 different lefty models since the company started, (used to work part time a Gun Shop in Maryland) My first one was $700 and had to pay it off on lay away because it was soooo pricey. Now we're paying that for a case of 1000 rounds of 45ACP! I think most of the real rare models have found good homes and aren't showing up on the market until maybe the owner gets older or passes on. Just my opinion.

Steve

PS There is B111 on Gunbroker today for $3000, good price.....for the seller!

Posts liked by others
    Yeah...that GB B111 started out at over 5K last year......

Posts liked by others
    The guns were made very briefly many years ago. There are not many around, most folks don't even know what they are. Many gun folks I talk to about them assume they were connected to the knives... I had several at one time but now just have my Curtis LeMay which is a safe queen.

Posts liked by others

rbrand

I just purchased a randall, I thought I was getting a A111, what arrived is what I believe is a A121. But, although it has a flat top it doesn't have the rounded hammer and it has a short spring guide. It's stamped "service model"

the ser. # is RFO3281C can somebody help me identify what I have.

by the way, it shoots great!.
    Last edited by rbrand; 11th April 2013 at 13:37.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast