Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Volkmann Precision 9mm Combat Custom Pistol - review discussion thread

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Rio Vista Slim Guest

Handgun Sights

A couple of the responses in this thread have mentioned the sights offered by Luke Volkmann. The Combat Custom reviewed in the M1911.ORG E-zine was equipped with an adjustable rear sight and a gold dot front sight per the owner's request. Mention has been made of the "Battlehook" rear sight, as well as Tritium sights in various configurations.

I've given this subject some additional thought, and decided that handgun sights are as subjective an issue as grips, holsters, types of slide safeties, etc. I know what works for me, but my choices might have someone else "screaming" in protest!

One thing which those of us who love the 1911 platform DO know is the 1911 pistol's natural pointing characteristics. Pick up a 1911, bring it on target, and most of the "sight" battle has already been won. The type of sights on your pistol are the added bonus, suited to your particular needs, that allows you to hit what you're aiming at.

Luke Volkmann's variety of options for pistol sights gives his customers the ability to choose exactly the right options for their particular needs. While not exclusive to just Luke's pistols, I appreciate the option of making a custom pistol that much more "custom".

As stated in the review, that gold dot front sight enabled me to shoot some groups which were better than my admittedly limited abilities. Whether from the bench, or held in a modified Weaver two-hand hold, the bullets went where I was aiming.

If considering a Volkmann Precision pistol, experiment to find what you prefer in handgun sights, and let Luke know about it. You won't be disappointed with the results.

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by Rio Vista Slim
    Pyrenean,

That's a very kind offer. Should I find myself planning a trip to *Bexar county, I'll certainly get in touch with you.

*To those unfamiliar with Texas, San Antonio is located in Bexar county, which the locals have pronounced "bear" for as long as I can remember.

True - Texans do talk funny at times - although I was referring to college football - Jerusalem on the Brazos and the central texas rifle pistol and rifle club nearby.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12