Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Armscor 1911a1 Standard

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others

Armscor 1911a1 Standard

Can anybody tell me how Armscor 1911A1 performs? I find the weight and feel of this piece very comfortable. I just cant find any article regarding this particular Model, or Brand?
    Boycie

Posts liked by others
    post on CD RIA Armscor threads. I have the RIA 5" 1911A1 GI and I really like it.
    in vino veritas except when reloading and handling your firearms

Posts liked by others

Try this thread

I have a Tanfoglio. which, I'm told, is assembled from Armscor parts

http://forum.m1911.org/showthread.ph...2&page=1&pp=10

If they are the same, you will not be dissapointed!

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by 3006mv
    post on CD RIA Armscor threads. I have the RIA 5" 1911A1 GI and I really like it.
    Good suggestion, 3006MV. I've moved the thread into the proper forum. BOYCIE, this should help attract more members familiar with the Armscor pistol.
    "I calculated the odds of this succeeding versus the odds I was doing something incredibly stupid, and ... I went ahead anyway." - Crow T. Robot
    Tom - Resident Computer Geek
    Have a computer or Forum question? Visit our very own M1911.ORG Help Desk and ask!

Posts liked by others
    I love my RIA 1911, It is not stock anymore but I shot 150 rounds last weekend without one malfunction. I have done a ramp job, replaced the stock springs with a set of Wolf 18.5#, installed a Wilson Combat extended slide release, milled the safety to allow the commander hammer, installed a chipmccormick lightweight trigger. Cleaned up the park on the trigger channel. The aim is dead on, I was able to hit a shotgunshell at about 20 yards. Sorry for the picture quality but all I have is my camera phone.

Posts liked by others
    Armscor A1 M-1911 is available in three variants the GI Series( all cal .45s; in FS, MS, & CS), Practical Series ( 9mm, cal .40, cal .45 ;MS & FS ), & the Medallion Series (all cal .45s all FS). A1 stands for single stack magazine, A2 double stack( hi- cap), 2T two tone (frame is chromed, slide is blued) FS full size, MS medium size, CS compact size. Standard commonly refers to GI (mil-specs) single stack.

Out of the box reliability:

GI series= OK!!
    Practical series= shots low needs sight adjustment, 9mm prone to small parts breakage
    specially the firing pin spring, firing pin stop(left side filed thin to
    accomodate ejector w/c is thickened & directed medially)
    Medallion series= OK!!! w/ bells and whistles.

D reason u seldom find comments about d standard specs is dat a lot of buyers tend to buy d
    practical series, they seem to look more sexy, but if u have very good visual acquity d .45 GI series w/c have small sights will give u a lot of fun & a very solid security. They seem to look more beautiful every time u look at it.

Posts liked by others
    kid, are the Armscor .45 Practical series 2 tone frames chromed? in their old website, i distinctly remember that the 2 tone was composed of a SS frame and blued slide. anyway, is the chromed frame cheaper than the stainless? tnx.

Posts liked by others
    I have yet to see a pure stainless Armscor frame but i bet theprice is d same. The main advantage of getting any of these is d durability of finish. D blue frame of my Armscor is already badly worn off after only 3 mos of use @ rebluing is not a cheap item. I should hv opted for d chromed frame in d first place.

Well, d GI SEries hav parkerized finish which is more durable than bluing & they are straight shooter out of the box but dey r only available in single stack and the sights are quite small though they edge more w/ regards to performance & cheaper too. It's in my 2006 budget but someone is selling me a WW II issue 1911. Remington Rand Slide, Colt
    Frame.
    Last edited by kid; 18th January 2006 at 03:43.

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by BOYCIE
    Can anybody tell me how Armscor 1911A1 performs? I find the weight and feel of this piece very comfortable. I just cant find any article regarding this particular Model, or Brand?
    It's from your country, you should know better. Where is your patriotism by the way.

IMHO. It shoots. It works. It's cheap. Buy one and shoot one.
    Colt made the 1911 tradition. Norinco made it more popular because of the price.

Posts liked by others
    kid, I have a full size Armscor Enhanced and it is all stainless. I sure hope that you shoot better than you spell!!!! Just kidding kid!!
    "This is the 44 Magnum Auto Mag and holds a 300 grain cartridge and if properly used it can remove the fingerprints."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast