Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

Sponsors Panel
Ruger
If you intend to buy something from Brownells or Cabela's, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Colt's Custom Shop Wounded Warrior Project Enthusiast Edition (WWPEE)

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?

Colt's Custom Shop Wounded Warrior Project Enthusiast Edition (WWPEE)

Snagged a new pistol a few weeks back, one of 10 of the first run of Enthusiast Edition pistols.

This is a pistol conceived as by a group of Colt fans as a sort of modern interpretation of a MEU-SOC pistol or possibly more correctly "inspired" by the MEU-SOC.

The Wounded Warrior Project connection is that profits went to WWP, So it is a fine pistol that hopefully helped a good cause.

The pistols were built by Colt's Custom Shop using Parts from Colt, Novak's, Harrison Design,Smith & Alexander and EGW.

The pistols shipped with 6 tuned magazines numbered to the pistol and solid checkered Cocobolo stocks.

Anyway, I thought some here might appreciate it, I find it nearly the perfect combination of "everything you need and nothing you don't" at least for me.

Although I've not had much chance to shoot it due to work, it is definitely in the running for most accurate .45 I own. National Match Barrels were hand fit and lapped in the Custom Shop.

Robert.
    NRA Endowment Life Member.
    The true danger is when liberty is nibbled away, for expedients, and by parts. - Edmund Burke 1777

I'm speechless. Absolutely stunning.

Is that a gold bead up front?

It seems to be based on a O1918, with the trigger cuts on the frame done later. Interesting.
    Too many people miss the silver lining because they're expecting gold.
    M. Setter

Ou,Ee,Ou,Ah!
    Me likes that pistol, although I'd prefer a spur hammer and an early Colt wide grip safety, but I'd be overly pleased with it as is.
    Ken
    "I like Colts and will die that way"
    "It seems to me that I have forgotten more than I remember"

It is a gold bead (a Novak) up front and a Harrison Retro rear.

I believe it is based on a Series 70 as the Model number is O1970A1CSZ I believe the Z is used to denote a non-catalog configuration. It also has a custom serial number. It is my understanding that the slides and frames were pulled in semi finished form and completed in the Custom Shop. Perhaps Brent can expand on the process. The slide carries a "Colt's Government Model" roll mark on the other side.

I really like the hammer and the sights, I'd have been ok with a "Commander" Grip safety, but I do like the S&A.

It also has an EGW carry bevel bushing which carries the last 3 digits of the serial number.

Thank you for the compliments.

Robert.
    The true danger is when liberty is nibbled away, for expedients, and by parts. - Edmund Burke 1777

Blog Entries
    This is one beautiful pistol! Amazing work by Colt! Congrats!
    John Caradimas SV1CEC
    The M1911 Pistols Organization
    http://www.m1911.org

Congrats on a great pistol, and for helping out a great cause!

Take care,

Rick

That is a very beautiful pistol.

These were made to order. The options were specified by the group. Everything from the roll marks to the sights and other small options were made to order. We started with raw frames and slides and built from there. It was a fun project.
    Brent

Very nice looking pistol. Is the finish a matte blue or something else?

Thank You again gentlemen.

It is polished flats and matte rounds blued, quite similar to a standard O1970A1CS.

Robert.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast