Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

Happy Thanksgiving
to all those who celebtate it.

Sponsors Panel
Ruger
If you intend to buy something from Brownells, Cabela's, Blue Ridge Firerarms or Field Supply, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Also, don't forget to visit our other sponsors sites, click-throughs are appreciated by our advertisers. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Thread: Replacing Citadel Front Sight

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?

Replacing Citadel Front Sight

I recently bought a Citadel 1911 and like it a lot.

The only things I don't like are the finish and front sight. I plan to replace the front sight very soon with a Dawson Fiber Optic one.

My question is: Is there a specific direction to push the front sight out/in?

Thanks in advance.

Did the same to mine, I instaled a DP FO front and the DP FO rear as well, both look dang good. The front only required a little fitting and the rear was not bad either. I pushed both the front and rear out left to right as looking at the slide from the rear. Hope this helps
    Also refinished entire frame and slide in KG Gun Kote...much better look.