PDA

View Full Version : MP Express .45 Caliber Match

colt1973
3rd November 2005, 16:27
I recently purchased a 1911-A1 with MP Express .45 caliber match on the left side of the slide and Mp Express Pomona, CA, U.S.A. on the right side of the slide and also on the frame. The metal is frosted or bead blasted stainless, it has high fixed front and rear sights. Fit and finish is really good. Barrel lockup is tight and it shoots well. Looks like an AMT only better fit and finish. Has anyone heard of it? Is it a forged frame/slide or cast? What is the retail price when new?

Sandman1967
5th November 2005, 01:44
Welcome aboard!
Can you post some pictures of it?

stans
5th November 2005, 14:14
If I had to guess I would guess it is all cast stainless, possibly Essex castings as they made slides and frames for a number of low cost 1911 manufacturers. Pics would be of great help.

delloro
12th November 2005, 18:44
I recently purchased a 1911-A1 with MP Express .45 caliber match on the left side of the slide and Mp Express Pomona, CA, U.S.A. on the right side of the slide and also on the frame. The metal is frosted or bead blasted stainless, it has high fixed front and rear sights. Fit and finish is really good. Barrel lockup is tight and it shoots well. Looks like an AMT only better fit and finish. Has anyone heard of it? Is it a forged frame/slide or cast? What is the retail price when new?
It was run by a couple of german guys, they were recommended to my friend by a local dealer (Joe Bridges of Joe's Trading Post). The owners set up shop and set out to make a less expensive equivalent of the Gold Cup . In 1987 or 1988 or so, my friend paid about $300 for the gun with beavertail, special ramp work and some other optional work. With 5 mags was $325-350, he can't remember for sure.

It's a nice gun, looks well made to me, but I know little if anything about 1911s. I just bought a Colt's. But my friend always has me looking for information about his MP express.

Where are you, or where was the seller?

Cold Shot
30th December 2005, 10:48
It was run by a couple of german guys, they were recommended to my friend by a local dealer (Joe Bridges of Joe's Trading Post). The owners set up shop and set out to make a less expensive equivalent of the Gold Cup . In 1987 or 1988 or so, my friend paid about $300 for the gun with beavertail, special ramp work and some other optional work. With 5 mags was $325-350, he can't remember for sure.

It's a nice gun, looks well made to me, but I know little if anything about 1911s. I just bought a Colt's. But my friend always has me looking for information about his MP express.

Where are you, or where was the seller?
Greetings, I sure would like some more info on this firearm, also. My son-in-law showed up with one of these MP Express Match .45's, I think without the correct magazine, (it has a Colt .45 mag and it seems to fit perfectly). I would like to know where to get parts and/or other accessories for it. I agree in that it is very well put together. Nice and tight, and the finish is nice, also. Any more info would be greatly appreciated.

delloro
31st December 2005, 13:06
send me your email address and I will send you the page that came with the gun.

Cold Shot
9th January 2006, 11:15
Please check your Private Messages. Thanks again.