View Full Version : The new family member
5th December 2009, 15:40
Here is our new family member.
Her name (after a lot of negotiations with the more senior members of this family (Lena, Jim and Alex)) is Eva.
The cats are afraid of her, which you can say is normal. The strange thing is that even Wolf is kind of afraid of her too, LoRL.
I must be a masochist!!
12th December 2009, 14:15
I just saw this John, Congratulations!
Let us know how the rest of the... family comes to accept her!
12th December 2009, 14:26
Eva is simply gorgeous. I have no doubt she will become a much beloved member of the family.
12th December 2009, 14:43
Well, in order of importance:
- Lena loves her, but she declared straight from the start, that she won't take care of her, so I have to do everything. And being still a puppy, that means I have to take her out in the yard, at least 6-8 times a day.
- The twins loved her of course, but they are not very willing to help with the chores associated with a puppy.
- Wolf loves her, after an initial adaptation period, during which he thought she was another ... cat. Now he plays with her.
- The young cats (Aris and Bruno). Aris is OK with her, Bruno hishes to her whenever he sees her closer than a meter from him.
- The mother cat, Rita, she is too clever to pay attention to her. After all, she is the Queen of the house, LoRL.
- Me, I am in love with her, but adding her to my things-to-do is way much more than I can handle.
I guess that's a full report! There you go.
12th December 2009, 15:56
Cute pup. Very unique face.
John's house of fur.
13th December 2009, 02:26
Well, Eva has been in the house for about a week and you can already see what a difference a week makes in a pup's life. When we first got her, she was sleeping maybe 22 hours a day. Now, not only she sleeps much less, but she plays a lot more, and she even barked yesterday! LoRL, she even gets angry when Alex gets rough with her.
And of course, now, she has to be watched constantly. As soon as she wakes up, she is taken out in the yard for you-know-what. And doing that 6-8 times a day, is NOT fun when the weather has turned cold here. But at least it appears that she is learning the drill, so I hope that she would be house-broken soon.
This is a ... size comparison, Wolf vs Eva, :) :D
13th December 2009, 03:26
John, she is adorable.
13th December 2009, 04:45
That is the cutest little pooch!
13th December 2009, 07:42
She is soooo cute.
13th December 2009, 09:11
Cutest dog ever!
I can see why Wolf would take her to be a cat, but I'm sure the occasional barking has made her identity abundantly clear by now!
By the way, when I was a lot younger and my brother and I would get a cat, our first priority was to train... our mother. She would invariably say that she would definitely not take care of her/him, absolutely not, ever. We would start by doing everything ourselves, then we gradually started to delay this and that... until our mom took over.
All this is totally unrelated to your case, obviously - don't mind me, I'm just mumbling here... :D http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs9/i/2006/150/0/0/_whistle__by_ChaosEmeraldHunter.gif
vBulletin v3.0.13, Copyright ©2000-2013, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.