PDA

View Full Version : Philippine made 1911

Marc Anthony Dizon
29th June 2005, 19:49
Dear All,

I am in the market for Philippine made 1911, be it Armscor, Rock island or Charles Daly. My purpose is mainly for carry so i am looking at the officer's size with the 3 1/2 barrel. I will of course enhance it a bit with a few necessary modifications to ensure reliability.

However I am confused with the many offerings available per brand :confused:

I just want to throw this question to the group for comments..... if you were in my place which brand would you pruchase and why?

Maraming salamat po.

Marc

bokbok_05
29th June 2005, 20:12
Marc, I think you should browse the armscor website. www.armscor.com.ph. you can check their product line of 1911s. are you living here in the PH? if so, i would suggest that you buy the Armscor 1911.

i can only comment on an Armscor since i owned a practical series full size. out of the box, it is quite a shooter. fired 250 rounds of fmj only one FTF. the practical series also have the "extra" features (beavertail, ambi safety, FLGR and extended thumb release). goodluck in your purchase. :)

Hawkmoon
29th June 2005, 21:24
It is my understanding that Armscor, RIA and Charles Daly are all manufactured by Armscor. S.A.M. is Shooters Arms and is a different company.

Of the three former brands, I do not own any and the only ones I have seen and handled were RIAs. The ones I handled (not shot) in a shop appeared to be basic, reasonably well-constructed pistols.

Since your intended purpose is concealed carry, I'll pass on my personal bias, which is to buy a basic pistol. A lot of the "bells & whistles" look nice and may be useful in competition, but they have no practical use in a concealed carry weapon. As an example, extended and ambidextrous thumb safeties add material which can catch on a holster. Extended beavertails make a pistol just a bit more difficult to conceal.

In the end, however, it is your money and you should but the pistol that you will be happy with.

300shooter
29th June 2005, 23:47
I have a Charles Daly EFS model,and it comes with Ambi safety, Ext. slide release,nice Beavertail safety and lo-profile rear sight.

I have just over 1000 rounds adn only had 2FTF's adn that was from a cheap GI mag I got from the gun show.

I would say get a CD and never look back.

Paul

Kerwin
30th June 2005, 05:15
Marc,

Try the SAM commodore or the GI. These are commander sized pistols and are therefore perfect for concealed carry. The commodore has some of the "bells and whistles" installed and the GI is the plain looking commander sized 1911.

Kerwin

gotangco
30th June 2005, 05:23
Pare, kung ako ikaw. Mag Armscor ka na. Putangina kasi yung SAM. Puro problema ibibigay niyan sayo. Armscor maganda na madami pang piyesa. 2 Armscor ko di pa ako pinapasubo nung dalawang yun. kung medjo gusto mong makamura mag RIA ka.

iyong katoto
jon

John
30th June 2005, 05:38
That's Greek to me! And the funny thing is that I usually understand Greek, but not this time!

LoL

valor1
30th June 2005, 07:17
If you can visit the next gunshow at MegaMall this July, your questions will be answered. Buying any of the Amrscor, RIA, Charles Daly is ok. The only difference is the frills, bells and whistles that are installed. I don't like SAM compared to the Armscors, they are very crude in manufacture. Afte all, only Armscor is ISO 9000 certified.

Your choice of 3 1/2 carry is nice but be prepared to buy an extra reverse plug (that is the weakness of all Armscor officer's model type pistol). The common problems with the Philippine made pistols are the springs and extractor.

Regards.

ShortyBP
30th June 2005, 10:16
That's Greek to me! And the funny thing is that I usually understand Greek, but not this time!
LoL
Hehe... we'll all need Tagalog lessons! It amazes me how many filipinos frequent this forum. Great to see! I really wish I had had my mom teach me the language... growing up in the states I never saw a need to learn it.

Kerwin
30th June 2005, 20:39
Pare, kung ako ikaw. Mag Armscor ka na. Putangina kasi yung SAM. Puro problema ibibigay niyan sayo. Armscor maganda na madami pang piyesa. 2 Armscor ko di pa ako pinapasubo nung dalawang yun. kung medjo gusto mong makamura mag RIA ka.

iyong katoto
jon

Jon, inglesin mo na kasi... international forum to eh! :D

SAM has a lot of replacement parts if you go to the right place. I too have an armscor and i love the way it performs. SAMs are not that crude... ive seen a lot of norincos that need more help.

ShortyBP,

If you want to see more tagalog, visit the Band of Glocker's clubhouse at Glock Talk. They are into 1911's too and wont hesitate to answer querries regarding Philippine made 1911's or the translation of the tagalog post.

1911 9mm
30th June 2005, 22:55
marc,
i agree with some of the replies here, go for an armscor rather than any other else...i have a friend who purchased SAM commodore at first, but eventually sold it cheap...and bought another pistol this time an armscor now he had a lot of smile on his face nowadays...of your intention is for a carry piece better yet settle for milspec models. armscor has a 1911 compact chambered in cal. 45...check that out in their website...

jellfire
1st July 2005, 07:28
howdee...

mga kababayan, pwede nyo ba akong turuan kung saan makakahanap ng armscor 45s? Ive had a hard time looking for them in Manila. I see more of norincos than the local guns, the norincos IMHO are ugly

1911 9mm
2nd July 2005, 05:05
jellfire,
seems somewhat ironic if we cannot find philippine made items here :D , partly i agree with you, here in cebu only 2 gunstores sell armscor pistols..have you tried visiting Squires and Bingham? they are the distributor of armscor, although i got mine from Guns Empire....

valor1
2nd July 2005, 10:26
jellfire,
the gun show is this july 14-18 at SM Megamall. you'll surely find plenty of armscors.

Marc Anthony Dizon
3rd July 2005, 23:31
Hi Guys,

Anyway, the title means "Thank you very much" in English. No intention to insult any Greeks there. :)

Yup, you guys sure gave a quick response on the matter. I will definitely be in the Gun Show trying to look for that 3" 1/2' 1911 - proudly Philippine made.

Since it is for carry, I hope Armscor has a stainless version available to avoid the rust build up during the blistering (mainit na po sa Pinas) summers in the land of Pinoys.

Yup, I will also look into the reverse plug modification as I heard if they break you send the internal parts flying off downrange.

That's it for the moment.

Salamat po.

Marc

jellfire
6th July 2005, 23:37
thank you mga kababayan..that sure helped.more power to pinoy shooters

Marc Anthony Dizon
19th July 2005, 04:51
Hi Guys,

Got one during the gunshow in Mega Mall, Manila, Philippines.

Armscor compact 3 1/2 inch barrel, blue finish (no stainless available) with a 6+1 capacity, commander hammer and beaver tail. The model was already equipped with a bull barrel and stabilizer/guide rod so no need to spend on the reverse plug.

Cost of the unit was USD 303.50 plus another USD 100 for the license. My papers are now moving...... hope to get it by next week. :rolleyes:

Once I get it will send over some pics and some range data.

Will work it out first as is then coat it with black chrome (which will cost me another USD 143.00) when I have enough left in the old piggy bank.

Cheers!

Hawkmoon
19th July 2005, 10:51
I'll be looking forward to the pictures and the range report.

1911 9mm
19th July 2005, 23:26
me too hope to get a glimpse of your compact...was your compact being fitted with a cone type bull barrel?...you surely like it soon...just like me have an armscor too but the medium sized model

John
19th July 2005, 23:42
:wl:
(pictures please)

Adjutant
28th July 2005, 15:19
I must respectfully disagree with my esteemed colleague, Hawkmoon, as to the utility of the extended, ambidextrous safety and extended slide release. If you are only going to shoot at a range then they are unnecessary since you have both hands available. Combat/self defense is when you need them most, especially if you are right handed. In a defense situation your right hand may be disabled or otherwise occupied. This is especially so in law enforcement and military applications but is true for civilian defense as well. If you are right handed try recharging your pistol (use dummy ammo for safety) with your left hand and see what a difference that long slide release makes. You can easily disengage it with the trigger finger of your left hand. Then try disengaging the normal thumb safety with just your left hand. Yes, it can be done but notice how little grip you have on the pistol when you do. If you are struggling with an attacker you will be much more likely to drop your pistol if you are reaching around with your left thumb to disengage the safety. Personally, I’ve never found the extended, ambidextrous safety and extended slide release to be problems when carrying in plain clothes but I have found them extremely useful when I had to qualify simulating my right hand/arm being disabled. They, also, come in mighty handy when you are operating in severe weather. When your fingers are numb from cold you will really appreciate those extended controls. If it is a miserable day you can choose to not go to the range but if it is real world you will have no choice and those extended controls may make the difference. Hope this helps.

Bill

Ric4509
1st August 2005, 16:49
Pardon my ignorance. What is a SAM? And how much will a brand new plane jane Philippine made 1911 cost? Can you carry concealed in the Philippines?

niceone
1st August 2005, 17:41
Pardon my ignorance. What is a SAM? And how much will a brand new plane jane Philippine made 1911 cost? Can you carry concealed in the Philippines?

SAM stands for Shooters Arms Manufacturing. It is an armsmaker in Cebu City, Philippines. They are a competitor of Arms Corp. of the Philippines. In the Philippines, a plain 1911 (for Armscor and SAM) may cost around $250 and up depending on the cosmetics that are installed. You can carry concealed in the Philippines if you apply for a Permit to Carry (PTC) which will set you back another $300 for the paperworks.

Adjutant
1st August 2005, 18:08
Hi Ric4509,

Don’t feel badly. I didn’t know about SAMs either. Charles Daly, Armscor and Rock Island Arsenal (RIA) are all made by Armscor so I figure the SAM was as well since their names were all linked together. Can’t remember the context but I received a rather sharp Rebuke for my ignorance. SAM is made by another company in I (I believe) the Philippines. To answer the second part of your question I believe the RIAs can be had for $350 even though they list higher. I bought a Charles Daly last fall and it is a tremendous bargain. It lists for about $560 but I got it for $385 through galleryofguns.com. They will ship it to a local dealer if you live in a free state. The gun was more reliable than any Colt or other 1911 I’ve owned right out of the box and I can fire it as accurately as my Gold Cup. It has a number of special features that come standard such as extended slide release, extended and ambidextrous thumb safety, lowered ejection port, beveled magazine well and Novak style sights (non snag). There are those that belittle these extras and if you are only going to punch holes in paper I agree they are unnecessary. However, if you intend to ever use it for serious business those controls could make the difference if you are right handed and your hand/arm is disabled or otherwise engaged. I found this out the first time my department required us to simulate our strong hand/arm being disabled. Those extended, ambidextrous controls made a dramatic difference. A quick test. With the gun empty and the thumb safety engaged place the gun in your left hand and try to disengage the thumb safety without using your right hand. If you are not wresting some drunk or a guy who is high on crack it is not difficult to do but look at how much less control you have on the gun without an ambidextrous safety. The magazines that came with it are OK for practice but not ready for service. Possibly, Charles Daly has corrected this but I am not certain. So far, any GI part I have tried drops right in. The early Dalys seem to have had some problems but this new enhanced model appears to have them corrected. I’ve never owned a RIA but from the posts in this forum they seem to have good quality control. I also, have had excellent customer support from Charles Daly. I have heard good things about RIA customer support as well even though I have no personal experience with them.

Hope this helps.

Bill

Hawkmoon
1st August 2005, 18:48
No, Bill, I don't mean to "belittle" those bells and whistles, I just don't like them. I am strictly a "meat and potatos" man. The standard slide stop is fine for me. I can manipulate it left-handed, if necessary, but since the manual of arms for the 1911 calls for pulling back the slide and releasing it to charge the first round, just dropping the slide stop lever is strictly a fall-back operation anyway rather than something I would be practicing.

Your point about loosening your grip if trying to release the thumb safety left-handed while grappling with a suspect is, I suppose, a possible scenario ... but I'm not an LEO. If I have allowed a situation to deteriorate so far and get so badly out of control that I am in a hand-to-hand battle with an adversary and reduced to trying to activate my pistol left-handed while fighting the BG with my strong hand -- heck, I'll just hand him the gun and tell him to shoot me, because at that point I deserve to be shot. For me, that situation is a lot less likely than the possibility of the right side of an extended, ambi safety getting caught up in my clothing, so that's the problem I worry about.

Adjutant
1st August 2005, 20:58
Hi Hawkmoon,

Sorry if I appeared accusatory. I didn’t mean to. I wasn’t referring to you or anyone in particular when I referred to the extended controls. You are not the only one who feels that way. I figured there would be comments against those features and I wanted to provide Mr. Dizon with alternate perspective right up front.

Best wishes.

Bill

PS As far as releasing the slide I use the “left hand over the slide” method I learned when I attended the school that instructs a US government agency antiterrorist unit. This not only releases the slide but can clear a stovepipe. if present. I would use the slide release only if I didn't have both hands available.

Hawkmoon
1st August 2005, 21:45
PS As far as releasing the slide I use the “left hand over the slide” method I learned when I attended the school that instructs a US government agency antiterrorist unit. This not only releases the slide but can clear a stovepipe. if present. I would use the slide release only if I didn't have both hands available.
Correct. No argument from me on that point.

Pepe308
2nd August 2005, 10:29
To 1911 9mm

Hey, just wanna ask how your medium sized 1911 is working out? Is is armscor too? wanna ask if there are other types of bull barrel besides the cone one?

Dean Hoffmann
4th August 2005, 22:06
I just picked up a used Armscor 1911, full sized, in used but apparently unfired condition as it still had all of the packing grease in/on it for a ridiculously low price, but with no manual or other paperwork. Now, here's the odd thing, (and probably why the original owner traded it), the guide rod was too long to allow the bushing to turn so you could field strip it. I finally got it apart by compressing the recoil spring all the way to the rear and sliding the rod out the back side. Yes, it took more than two hands. I took a piece of crocus cloth and shortened the rod a mm at a time until it fit. Took a while, but now it works gooooood. Not quite as accurate as my Kimbers, but close. 3 3/4 inch group at 25 yds. Anybody else had problems with too long guide rods?

horge
5th August 2005, 17:08
Hi Dean,

If the guiderod in that secondhand Armscor was too long,
then was it possibly a 3rd-party replacement? On older-production
Armscor Practicals, it's the bushing cutout for the plug-head that can be off,
being a mite too small for the plug's head to pop up and fully into place.

As for the (wish) gun that started this thread... :)

The waiting period in the Philippines can be pretty insane.
Marc paid in mid-July for the piece.
It may be awhile before we get pics and a range report.
Late August or even September if he's unlucky.

h.

Marc Anthony Dizon
8th August 2005, 05:18
Hi Horge, Hi guys,

Just got back from a trip to Singapore and guess what..... Horge is right. It is almost one month and no compact 1911 yet. Apparently a lot of people purchased during the gun show and the people doing the paper works are so filled with things to do - suddenly. :mad:

I just hope that I get to post pictures before that thing reaches a year old.

Don't worry guys. Once its in you guys will be first to view.

Marc

dartman
9th August 2005, 08:26
RIA seems to be a good gun. By the look and feel it seems it is- though i have not shoot one.
by the way,
Is that that easy to get a permit to carry here in the Phil? I really love to carry my gun (concealed) but i dont still have a permit.

thunderboy123
10th August 2005, 04:48
Sorry for the off topic, but I just bought a while ago (8/10/05) a M1911-A1-45 P MS armscor for Php 25,000.00 pesos, they promised to deliver the pistol in three weeks time, I got zero knowledge hope to learn a lot from you guys.

dartman
10th August 2005, 07:24
Well that's good bro. Just know the safety rule in properly handling a gun. Safety is first! We do not want u to hurt yourself nor unreasonably somebody else. :) See gun safety rules at www.m1911.org.

Have a nice day 2 u.

thunderboy123
11th August 2005, 05:55
dartman,
thanks for the reminder. Mabuhay ang Pilipinas!!!

igorot
12th August 2005, 02:06
A few years ago, I was looking for a compact .45 and i was able to buy a LLama minimax II. Very cheap (P16,000.00). It's smaller than a colt commander but a bit larger than an officers model. However it came with 2 10-rounds magazines. It was so easy to conceal, but the problem was that it was a jam machine. shoot 2 rounds then it jams. It would never consume an entire mag without jamming.

I now own a Norinco compact. It's a single stack 1911 the size of a commander. I got it for P14,000.00. IT HAS NEVER MALFUNCTIONED since I bought it a couple of months ago. I fed it ball, JHP reloads and factory loads......not a single malfunction. For all u pinoys out there: NOrinco is one of the most sought after pistols in the US due to its price and construction, but it is banned there. Masuwerte tayo dito. So my advice, get a Norinco.

Ric4509
12th August 2005, 05:02
I agree. Norinco 1911 is a great pistol. I bought a used full size 7 yrs ago for $290 to be used as a project gun. Project gun meaning I will install parts and have my 'smith install the sights. Turned out real nice and a real shooter. Knock on wood...she has not malfunctioned as far as FTF or FTE. She feeds on all sort of hollow points unlike some of my Colts and Kimbers. They'd choke on certain brands. I'm again thinking of buying another used Norinco I saw the other day for $329. Yes, too bad it's importation is banned here in the US. Is yours plain jane or did you change parts?

thunderboy123
19th August 2005, 22:34
Opted to go for Norinco, the armscor unit (M1911-A1-45 P MS) I bought was out of stock, any comments as far as comparison with armscor.

Ric4509
21st August 2005, 16:22
Are these 1911s better than the Norinco 1911? What is the trend in the Philippines? Shooters buy RIA/SAM because it's made in the Philppines, and cheaper or just plain great 1911s compared to Norinco.

Adjutant
21st August 2005, 17:32
I have a Charles Daly I bought new and have no complaints. I purchased a used Norinco a little later because the price was right or seemed to be. It has been back to the gunsmith three times and it still chews up brass. Not often, just enough to render it unusable for anything serious. The empty case is stuck between the breech plate and the hood of the slide parallel to the slide. The last time it was a stovepipe but the front of the casing was chewed up so it obviously glanced off the hood. My experience, others seem to love their Norincos.

Hope you enjoy whatever you choose.

Bill

jdboy
22nd August 2005, 07:19
Here is a pic of my SAM Elite. Very good shooting gun. Reliable and a great bang for the buck. The only things that I've added were the grips and a Wilson 8rd mag.
http://tinypic.com/a4wgg6.jpg

Marc Anthony Dizon
28th August 2005, 23:04
Hi Guys,

Apologies if the title shares the feelings I have at the moment. I just got off the phone with the vendor who sold me the Armscor 1911 Compact (officers) during the gun show. :mad:

Apparently, after 1 1/2 months of waiting he ends up telling me that the plant is currently out of stock and they will only start producing compact models by next month - gee whiz! is this for real or what!

They are now offering me alternatives for a compact 1911 - at the same discounted gun show price of course. My choices are either (1) Norinco, (2) Rock island and (3) Imperial Defense.

I am inclined to go for the RIA, have heard of Norinco but do not like their finish. Imperial Defense (???), sounds Greek to me. I heard its the English version of the 1911 - anyone heard of it?

Thanks

Marc

John
28th August 2005, 23:39
Imperial Defense (???), sounds Greek to me.

I assure you, it is not! :)

You may not like the finish of the Norinco, but if you want a base gun for customizing, you won't find better metal than the Norcs. They are ... rough, but serviceable, and you can always have the tool marks etc. removed.

niceone
29th August 2005, 05:44
The choice will be simple for me. I'll get the Norinco and then the Rock Island or whatever (specially in temporary fits of insanity). :o

Ric4509
29th August 2005, 05:50
Marc, no offense to you or Philippine made 1911s, e.g. RIA, but in my opinion Norinco is a lot better. As mentioned by John, Norinco's metallurgy is by far a lot better than RIA. Bill Wilson of Wilson Combat will work on Norinco but I bet you will not work on RIA. You shouldn't decide on the gun's finish alone. My 2 cents worth.

Rick

Marc Anthony Dizon
29th August 2005, 06:28
Hi Rick,

No offense taken if they can't deliver, its their loss. Its just that the Armscor offer had been too good; beavertail, wooden grip, chromed barrel etc... And the price offered then was quite reasonable that is why I fell for it. My problem with Norinco is that I cannot seem to find a compact version in the Philippines. The commander size with a 4 inch barrel will suffice as this will be used for carry. Also, Norinco's are quite heavy for a 1911 - maybe because of the steel.

Maybe you are right, I should switch sweethearts and decide to look into a Norinco.

Hey John,

Hope you didn't take offense on the Greek thing. Cheers buddy!

Marc

igorot
31st August 2005, 02:54
Marc,
I haven't seen a Norinco in Officer's model size.....I don't think they make that model. But I have seen several Commander models for sale at Guns for the Good Guys. I have also seen them available at the gunstores at the basement of Makati Cinema Square, and at the gunshops around Camp Crame.

Ric4509
31st August 2005, 05:25
Are there any makes of 1911s that are being sold in the Philippines aside from Norinco, RIA,SAM, i.e. Colt, Springfield, Kimber, ParaOrd? If so, what is the price difference?

John
31st August 2005, 06:45
Hey John,

Hope you didn't take offense on the Greek thing. Cheers buddy!

No offense taken, I was just clarifying the issue, since I am the ... local expert on Greek!

Rgds

Pepe308
31st August 2005, 08:13
Hi Igorot,

I'm looking for a Norinco myself, doesn't matter if its full size,like the mil-spec of it. Do they put white dots on the sights? Just cautious to buy a fake one (seems evrything here in the Phils. can be copied). Where exactly around Camp Crame could I find one, I'll try looking for it at Makati C. Square's basement,and also where is that Guns for the Good Guys store found? I only find Norks at Hahn Manila branches, can I trust them with original/authentic Norks?

horge
1st September 2005, 17:49
The 'Imperial Defence Services - Ranger 1911A1' shouldn't sound Greek.
Rather, it should sound Vietnamese, with a slight British accent.

:)

as for 'Guns for the Good Guys', I believe they're closed for good.
'Advanced Weapons Systems' took over some of their locations.
For that Norinco lovin', try 'Trust Trade'.

igorot
1st September 2005, 21:39
Pepe,

I just checked my info. GGG has closed shop (as mentioned by horge). But there are gunstores along D.Tuazon in Cubao, and dealers INSIDE Camp Crame. I got my first Norinco from the SAM store along Aurora Blvd some time ago. I wouldn't be too worried about fake Norinco's though...... just take a good look at the Norinco Symbol on the slide.....they are cleanly stamped/etched into the metal.

Pepe308
2nd September 2005, 21:23
Ok thanks igorot for the help. I'll try Camp Crame,I didn't make it on time to check out Mkti Cinema Square due to office works, maybe next week.

Primer
3rd September 2005, 10:52
For Ranger 1911, you can also go to this site

http://www.imperialdefence.co.uk/defence_equipment.htm

Pepe, if you were able to go to Camp Crame, can you tell us the stores or shops that you will be able to visit and tell us the guns that they sell? Am also interested with .40cal Armscor. Thanks.

Primer
3rd September 2005, 10:59
Hi Guys,

Apologies if the title shares the feelings I have at the moment. I just got off the phone with the vendor who sold me the Armscor 1911 Compact (officers) during the gun show. :mad:

Apparently, after 1 1/2 months of waiting he ends up telling me that the plant is currently out of stock and they will only start producing compact models by next month - gee whiz! is this for real or what!

Marc

just wondering, can you give us a hint of the name of the store that sold you the Armscor 1911... am also looking for Armscor and I may want to stay away from this store... Thanks.

horge
3rd September 2005, 19:27
Lemme guess.... Squires Bingham?

zero
3rd September 2005, 22:40
to marc anthony dizon:

better get a norinco rather than those phil. made 1911's. the quality of metal made on norinco guns are far more better than the latter. yes the norincos finish is not that good but if you costumize it, it will be a much more reliable gun.

Primer
4th September 2005, 09:01
To Marc
Don't want to create flames but here is another opinion:

- You can also check or ask Armscor shooters in the range for their opinions in the gun.

As for my personal experience, I have friends who have been using Arsmcor in Standard Division of IPSC for years and are satisfied with their pistol. It is a good value for money. I can tell you what their initial problems with Armscor and what to initially look out for. I have two different pistols and shoot in Production Division. Just send me a private message if you want more info.

Pepe308
5th September 2005, 02:32
Primer,

Sure, I'll give you feedback once I explore that area.Compact size is gaining popularity these days here,maybe that's why Squires Bingham got out of stock. I inquired at Squires B. at Makati Cinema Square bout mid-size .45 and assured me they have stocks, maybe they have on .40's too. I'd still suggest inquiring Armscor pistols at SB since they are the main distributor Armscor marketing endorses.

Ric4509
5th September 2005, 06:29
Pepe308: Is PB Dionisio still in business?

Pepe308
5th September 2005, 09:32
Ric4509,

Yeah,they are. It was one of their staffs who informed me that Ranger was made in England when I inquired about their brand of 1911 stocks. Well, that is unless they close anytime after I inquired about the stocks but that's unlikely.

Primer
5th September 2005, 10:29
Primer,

Sure, I'll give you feedback once I explore that area.Compact size is gaining popularity these days here,maybe that's why Squires Bingham got out of stock. I inquired at Squires B. at Makati Cinema Square bout mid-size .45 and assured me they have stocks, maybe they have on .40's too. I'd still suggest inquiring Armscor pistols at SB since they are the main distributor Armscor marketing endorses.

I already asked SB three weeks ago and they do not have a hicap 40 yet. I was told that this may take some time before I can get one from them.

I can source out from other stores but I am also considering if I just get a hicap 38super and shoot in Open Division. Armscor will be my best bet if I go to this other option. I'll buy other parts for in the next gunshow (Nov2005). Let me know if there are stores in Crame that offer Armscor 40cal. Thanks. :)

Primer
5th September 2005, 10:54
I can source out from other stores but I am also considering if I just get a hicap 38super and shoot in Open Division. Armscor will be my best bet if I go to this other option. I'll buy other parts for in the next gunshow (Nov2005). Let me know if there are stores in Crame that offer Armscor 40cal. Thanks. :)

just want to clarify my previous statement re:Armscor 38super. Armscor does not have a 38super for 1911. If I go with Open Division, I can also shoot using 9mm initially and ask others on how to convert 9mm to 38super (technically and legally) :)

Ric4509
5th September 2005, 11:12
Converting a 9mm to a .38 super is EZ. All you gotta do is buy a .38 super barrel and .38Super magazines. I have a Colt 1991A1 9mm. I bought a factory Colt .38 super barrel and also bought .38 Super mags. I'm not sure if that's legally possible in the Philippines. I was told that it's not legal to ship barrels and magazines from the US to the Philippines. I don't know how true that is. Maybe it is because a friend of mine here in the US sent his friend in Manila a Colt NM .45 ACP barrel by putting it in a PC power box. Passed the Customs I suppose.

Primer
5th September 2005, 18:50
Hi Ric,

In the Philippines, the frame and barrel are technically the gun. These two are what you license. If you change caliber, it should be licensed again. The caliber and frame serial number is shown in the firearm license or ID card. Unfortunately others take the "less work" part. But it is their risk. :rolleyes:

just need to ask others if there are more requirements (papers) other than the usual. :)

Marc Anthony Dizon
6th September 2005, 05:19
Hi Guys,

Thanks for the feedback. To answer your questions:

1. Which dealer? It's Starfire in Shaw Blvd. (no sense hiding it). I opted to get it from them because of their proximity to my office. The bad part there is that instead of telling me that Armscor does not have the stocks, they kept telling me that they were having some problems with my papers. Why can't they just tell the truth in the first place?

2. To Primer: Sure, do send me a private message on the issues with Armscor. I heard that its usually the extractor. I have decided to check the other brands but kept my down payment with them first. Who knows it might come out in the next few weeks (keeping my finges & toes crossed).

3. To Pepe308: Yup, PB Dionisio is still in business. They have their office in Roces Street, Quezon City near Amoranto Circle.

Oh guys, as John mentioned earlier :p , this thread is worthless without Pics. So if you got a Philippine made 1911 please feel free & proud to post it in this forum.

Maraming salamat po.

Marc

Macoy
6th September 2005, 09:13
Marc,

Why don't you check out Straight Shooter just across the street near Oranbo? They have Norincos, armscor and my favorite there, the RIA. The RIA already has a bull barel just for P21,000. You could ask for a discount pa. Refund mo nalang kay Thess yung deposit mo.

Good luck.

horge
6th September 2005, 18:21
Starfire got my Armscor to me on time (3 1/2 weeks, IIRC) last year.
http://tinypic.com/dfkgmg.jpg

I agree that Starfire's manager Thess Reyes is good to deal with,
if you want to get your deposit refunded. Still, I highly suspect the delay
in getting your blaster to you isn't their fault, but FED's. Or even Armscor's.

The folks at Straight Shooter are actually ex-Starfire (Roman, etc.)
I have no experience dealing with Straight Shooter for FA purchases,
but those are good people there --Starfire's loss, really.

http://tinypic.com/dfkaih.jpg
STRAIGHT SHOOTER
Ground Floor U-4, J.S. Gaisano Building
#88 Shaw Boulevard,
Pasig City
636-4663, 636-4664

hth
horge

kutsero
6th September 2005, 18:47
here's my medallion standard

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a148/kutsero/Medstd2.jpg

only problem encountered is the novak (by act-mag) mag that came with it. 250 rounds or so and it developed a crack on the feed lip at the back

horge
6th September 2005, 20:06
My Armscor mags haven't cracked yet; maybe 800-1000 bangs between 2 mags.
I thought the local (Philippine) Armscor 'factory' magazines were made by Mec-Gar.
Subcontractor change? Are US Armscor mags differently-sourced?

Both ACT-Mag and Mec-Gar are located in Brescia, Italy, and may
even be affiliated. Dunno.

SUPERMAN .45
7th September 2005, 07:39
I've been using my Armscor 1911-A1 since 1995, the first 2 years I've shot more than 2,000 rounds. Some minor problems that I encountered during that time was jam, because of extractor and magazine problem. I change the extractor with ED BROWN parts and the mags with shooting star,after that I never encountered any problem with my gun.Right now I customized it with Caspian slide,ED BROWN hammer,firing pin,sear,ambi-safety,trigger,mag realese,S&A mag well,barsto bull barrel. I also change the standard frame with hi-capacity frame, I've been using it for IPSC,IDPA competition for the past 7 years, I also carry it as my duty gun and it never failed me in actual duty.I also got my Armscor 1911 hi-cap commander as my back up gun.I change the trigger,firing pin and extractor with ED BROWN and it works very well. :) :cool: ;)

Macoy
7th September 2005, 19:38
Hey SUPERMAN,

I think you left out sights, beavertail and slide stop. Hmmm....whats else your forgot to CUSTOMIZE....hmmmm. I suppose you're still gonna use the guide rod and springs, otherwise it was a ground up build. hehehehehe. Just teasing. (biro lang) :D

Peace man. Don't go hunting me down. :o Please. Peace!

niceone
9th September 2005, 23:32
Probably should have just bought a frame and then build it from the ground up. Way cheaper since you don't have to play with your excess parts. he he he If I were me, I'll beat the Armscor pistol to death and replace only what breaks down. Anyway, just do whatever floats your boat. :rolleyes:

SUPERMAN .45
10th September 2005, 12:20
To MACOY,
I've change the sight with Millet sight and ED BROWN beavertail and hard chrome finish. I started customizing my gun since 1996, when I first get it it's an old GI series single stock. I've change most of the parts when I started joining competition, I want my gun to to look good and reliable coz' i've been using this gun for many years, This is the only reward I can give to my gun.
thanks,
SUPERMAN .45

Hawkmoon
10th September 2005, 17:58
I've been using my Armscor 1911-A1 since 1995, the first 2 years I've shot more than 2,000 rounds. Some minor problems that I encountered during that time was jam, because of extractor and magazine problem. I change the extractor with ED BROWN parts and the mags with shooting star,after that I never encountered any problem with my gun.Right now I customized it with Caspian slide,ED BROWN hammer,firing pin,sear,ambi-safety,trigger,mag realese,S&A mag well,barsto bull barrel. I also change the standard frame with hi-capacity frame, I've been using it for IPSC,IDPA competition for the past 7 years,
Let me see. You have replaced the frame, the slide, the magazine(s), the extractor, hammer, firing pin, sear, thumb safety, trigger, mag release and barrel. But it's still the same Armscor pistol?

Reminds me of the story a friend of mine tells. He says he owns the original hatchet that George Washington used to cut down that famous cherry tree. "Of course, it has had twelve new handles and three new heads, but it's still the same hatchet."
:) :cool:

Ric4509
10th September 2005, 18:12
SUPERMAN: You said, "I customized it with Caspian slide,ED BROWN hammer,firing pin,sear,ambi-safety,trigger,mag realese,S&A mag well,barsto bull barrel. I also change the standard frame with hi-capacity frame."

I'm with Hawkmoon - How can it be the same Armscor pistol if you've replaced the frame,slide,etc?

SUPERMAN .45
11th September 2005, 09:10
Ric4509: The hi-capacity frame that i'm using right now is also made BY ARMSCOR,the slide stop and mag release are Armscor. My license for my gun is Armscor here in our country it is legal to customize your pistol,you can change all the parts slide,barrel etc.if your going to change the frame it should be the same brand or make listed in your license example,single stock Armscor frame, to hi-cap Armscor frame. My gun is considered as customized Armscor pistol.

thanks,
SUPERMAN .45

Hawkmoon
11th September 2005, 09:25
I was mostly joking with you (after all, what does the song say? "Don't spit into the wind, don't tug on Superman's cape"?), but in the U.S. even if the replacement frame is from the same manufacturer, it would not be the same pistol. Here in the U.S. the serial number is on the receiver, and under BATFE regulations, that's the "firearm." You can change a bunch of other stuff, as long as you have the same receiver, and call it the same gun. Change the receiver and nothing else, and you have a different gun.

But irrespective of the BATFE rules, you changed so much that there's virtually nothing left of the original pistol. I was trying to keep track, and I think other than pins, about the only things you didn't mention changing were the grip panels and the hammer strut.

Ric4509
11th September 2005, 09:55
Don't you in the Philippines have one firearm license per firearm? As stated by Hawkmoon once you change the receiver/frame of your pistol/1911 it is no longer the same pistol on account of the SN in the receiver. Not that I'm challenging your statement but that's what was told to me by someone who's a Manila resident.

Fighting_Joe_Wheeler
11th September 2005, 22:46
but in the U.S. even if the replacement frame is from the same manufacturer, it would not be the same pistol. Here in the U.S. the serial number is on the receiver, and under BATFE regulations, that's the "firearm."

Honestly in the situation described kind of reminded me of Bevis and Butthead. Yeah this video would cool if something caught on fire. Yeah and if it had hotter babes. Yeah yeah that would be cool. Sorry couldn't help it.

Seriously, If you have modified a pistol to what you want more power to you. If it shoots as well as a Kimber for much less than the price than even better. Personally with that many mods I would have gone the parts route but that is me.

horge
12th September 2005, 04:34
Hi Superman :)

According to the implementing rules and guidelines for firearms registration here,
a spare or replacement frame/receiver has to be registered with PNP-FED.
A spare or replacement barrel also has to be submitted for ballistic fingerprinting
to PNP-FED. In the eyes of the law (Philippines), the frame/receiver is a firearm by itself.
Ditto the barrel. Of course, barrels aren't assigned SN's, so it's tricky.

I do understand that there's a difference between how the law should
be implemented vs. how it actually is, but legally speaking that ain't the same gun.
If you ever are required to present your FA license, and it does not reflect the
receiver's SN, you may get in trouble.

Law aside and brandname-wise, I'm thinking that while that's still an Armscor,
it really isn't the same Armscor.

:)
horge

igorot
17th September 2005, 07:38
Hawkmoon, Horge and Ric4509 are right. Here in the Philippines the frame is the part that is licensed because it bears the serial number. Once you change the frame, you have to get a new license for it (because no 2 frames have the same serial number.) you can buy frames here and you have to have it licensed, otherwise you can be charged with illegal possession. And yes, over here we have one license per firearm, and one permit to carry per firearm too.

If the original frame, as posted by superman, is a single stack armscor and he replaced it with a high cap armscor frame, by all means he should get a new license for the new high cap frame....beacause the single stack frame bears a different serial number from the high cap frame, unless of course ........ never mind.

SUPERMAN .45
17th September 2005, 08:50
To jorge and igorot,
I have a license for my single stack Armscor frame, but I sold it to my friend and have it transfered into his name. When I bought my Armscor hi-cap frame I also have it licensed.I've got another Armscor commander hi-cap and it is also licensed. Right now I have 6 licensed firearms 2 Armscor 1911 hi-cap,Glock 17,Taurus .357,Phoenix arms .25 cal.Colt AR-15 all are registered in PNP-FED.

Thanks,
SUPERMAN .45

Macoy
18th September 2005, 21:02
To SUPPERMAN .45

How's your Armscor commander hicap? Ever have problems with it? I'm thinking of getting one for carry. How much did the license for the AR-15 cost? I'm thinking of getting a full automatic also, but the local brand only, Elesco.

Thanks, pre.

SUPERMAN .45
19th September 2005, 12:47
The Armscor 1911 commander is ok, when I test fired it, on the range after getting it from the gun store.I fired 200 hundred rounds and never encountered any problem.Later after 6 months I change the extractor with ED BROWN,Trigger by Wilson's and hard chrome finish.For the license for my AR-15 it cost me about 7 thousand pesos,right now i'm planning to buy a forward grip,skeletonized butstock and red dot scope for my AR-15,

Thanks,
SUPERMAN .45

ultimo
20th September 2005, 03:57
im a newbie here. planning also to buy my first pistol. but got confused which is much better that also suit to my budget. my budget is only 20K. i dunno know kung meron na akong mabili na ganon na price considering that im still here in davao. im sure there is a price diff. dyan sa manila.

regarding Norinco, budget wise i got interested with it. but i've seen some pics on the internet and although i've read a lot of good comments on its performance, not impressed with its stock finished product. how about there enchanced model of norinco? anybody here see?

thnx in advance guys for any input....

dartman
21st September 2005, 04:35
Ultimo: I've seen a rock island and it looks good to me. Mine is Imperial Defense "Ranger" 1911a1 you might also want to add that to your option list. :)
have a nice day.

cloyd
23rd September 2005, 03:19
hello peepz. new here. been browsing this site for several months now and i finally registered.

i read some replies here regarding availability of stocks of armscor here in the philippines. i ordered my unit last june and up to know, still no gun :( can anyone clarify what happened/ or any knowledge why is this so? is there someone who is still waiting for their unit?

niceone
23rd September 2005, 06:26
why don't you try asking your friendly gunstore as to what really happened to your order? There are a myriad of reasons why they haven't delivered. Maybe they ran out of stock? Maybe they are having troubles with your documents? Maybe they are just too tired to care.

dartman
23rd September 2005, 20:37
That's right, Niceone has a point. I believe the gunstore is the one who owe the explanation why they have not yet deliver your gun. :)

cloyd
23rd September 2005, 21:23
been to the gunstore 3 times already. last time they said was they are still waiting for the stocks. armscor are making units based on orders. according to them. my papers seems ok. :(

update: folks from the gunstore called, the unit i ordered armscor 1911-A1 MSB is out of stock and what's available is armscor 1911-A2 FSB. i have no choice but agreed. wish they could have called two months ago :mad:

AnimalKracker
24th September 2005, 11:32
Here's my ROCKS http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a301/AnimalKracker1/ROCKISLAND1911A1-RIA979047RIA979008.jpg http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a301/AnimalKracker1/ROCKISLAND1911A1-4in.jpg

Marc Anthony Dizon
26th September 2005, 23:11
To: Cloyd

Misery loves company. The Compact Armscor that I ordered is also still light years away from being a reality. Same as you, i decided to change to the full-size single stack version (as if I had a choice) and, I am still waiting. That makes it almost three months down the road since this thread started.

I hope there is an Armscor Director or Senior officer reading this forum. We are !@#$&* already with waiting. Why do you take orders without even considering your capacity to produce? Customer satisfaction is dead I say. I wonder what does the DTI have to say about this.

Just my @#$%^&* two cents worth.

cloyd
27th September 2005, 00:21
marc,

same sentiments to you. i had my requirements submitted 2nd week of june and they sent it june 29 for "processing" and september is almost over.

i dont think complaining to DTI will help. alam mo naman ugali natin :rolleyes:

i really have no idea when it will arrive. maybe another 45 days since they infromed me :mad:

will just get in touch with you how it goes. goodluck to both of us :)

ultimo
28th September 2005, 07:34
good day to all

i just went to the gunstore this morning. they offer me for a unit only RIA 9mm for 18,875.00 php and 18,550.00 php for .45. additional 4,300 for the processing of license. ok na ba to na deal? i asked for the armmcor but they just tell me kunti lang daw ang diff. sa price with RIA.

another, for first timer to own a gun would you recommend a .45 instead a 9mm? im just wieghing the pros and cons so i may not regret later on.

tnx .

AnimalKracker
28th September 2005, 07:52
Couple of things to look at. The 9mm is a little cheaper to shoot. Less recoil, don't know about parts for a 9mm, you can get parts for 45acp all day long. For defense 45acp is a common round. With the modern defensive loads 9mm is a proven round also. So it comes down to what feels right for you. Whatever you decide to get should serve you well, the 1911 is a proven pistol.

dartman
28th September 2005, 08:42
When I bought my gun I actually chose from .38, 9mm and .45 holes. I chose .45 as I have learn from most people and friends .45 is the most popular for its stopping power, and a 1911 is the best gun design so far for that kind. They all said that its good for self defense and for shooting competition. Although mine is a 5", try a compact- for carry.

AnimalKracker
28th September 2005, 09:00
I have a 5" Kimber CDP,two 4" RIA,and a 3" Para WartHog,Several revolvers, two Taurus PT92's. Several good carry pistols and size to chose from.

Primer
28th September 2005, 09:31
good day to all

i just went to the gunstore this morning. they offer me for a unit only RIA 9mm for 18,875.00 php and 18,550.00 php for .45. additional 4,300 for the processing of license. ok na ba to na deal? i asked for the armmcor but they just tell me kunti lang daw ang diff. sa price with RIA.

If you are in Metro Manila, I would suggest that you wait till November 4-7. Thee will be a gun show by then. Prices of gun will be lower by 10-20% aside from the fact that you can compare and has a lot of choices.

another, for first timer to own a gun would you recommend a .45 instead a 9mm? im just wieghing the pros and cons so i may not regret later on.

It really depends on what you want to do in the near future. If it is to be used as a self-defense, or you want to be familiar with 1911s, or most of the time it will be in the house, then a single stack 45cal would be fine.

If you would probably shoot in competition, then you may want to consider other aspects too. Once you have an idea on what you want to do with your gun, you can ask others who are 1911 enthusiasts, hobbyists or competitors; or wait for the gunshow if you are in Metro Manila.

just my 1peso and 10centavos (or 2cents) :)

John
28th September 2005, 09:39
Gentlemen,

Please keep in mind that this is not a Philippino forum. This is an international forum, and the language to use is English. I would therefore appreciate if your post in here, are strictly in English.

Thank you.

Macoy
29th September 2005, 22:38
To all Manileneos,

The proposed gunshow this November will be at Subic. So all discounts will be offset by gas and toll fees. Hahahaha

And oh yeah, the last day for loose firearms amnesty is today September 30.

dartman
30th September 2005, 08:52
John is right. When in Rome do what the Romans do. Although I understand that we Filipinos love our native tounge, I beleive that 99% of us Filipinos know how to speak the International language on which we all here understand.

"Courtesy is the best policy"

ultimo
2nd October 2005, 04:02
to all:

bro thanks for all the reply. i'll be considering 45 cal.

thunderboy123
9th October 2005, 08:33
im a newbie here. planning also to buy my first pistol. but got confused which is much better that also suit to my budget. my budget is only 20K. i dunno know kung meron na akong mabili na ganon na price considering that im still here in davao. im sure there is a price diff. dyan sa manila.

regarding Norinco, budget wise i got interested with it. but i've seen some pics on the internet and although i've read a lot of good comments on its performance, not impressed with its stock finished product. how about there enchanced model of norinco? anybody here see?

thnx in advance guys for any input....

I initially ordered ARMSCOR last July but due to availability which took me 2 months of waiting time I opted for Norinco Commander, at first I'm very hesitant but after testing it and reading the thread of Norinco, I'm pleased with my purchased. Norin fits your budget except the license.

Pepe308
10th October 2005, 10:06
I initially ordered ARMSCOR last July but due to availability which took me 2 months of waiting time I opted for Norinco Commander, at first I'm very hesitant but after testing it and reading the thread of Norinco, I'm pleased with my purchased. Norin fits your budget except the license.

Hello there, just wanna ask your Nork's specs, sights? Barrel length? capacity? bells & whistles?

thunderboy123
11th October 2005, 03:52
it's all stock except the hammer and trigger, the barrel length 109.2mm, cap is 7, barely going 2 months old now

Marc Anthony Dizon
11th October 2005, 05:26
lucky you. i'm still patiently waiting. as per the store, two more weeks to go...... i'm not sure I should hold on to that commitment. looking around for Norks already. any suggestions where I can get them nice and low cost?

Pepe308
11th October 2005, 09:15
To Marc: Try FED of PNP...

cloyd
11th October 2005, 19:19
marc: am still waiting also. :( :)

have you tried trust trade? GI cost around 13T, enhanced model 21T

Pepe308
12th October 2005, 04:10
it's all stock except the hammer and trigger, the barrel length 109.2mm, cap is 7, barely going 2 months old now

Does its sights the same Gi mil-spec with the dots?

Kerwin
13th October 2005, 03:19
Gee, this thread is full of Filipinos. Hope you guys try Glock Talk.com and look into The Band of Glockers Club. You can post firearm related questions too... the club was made for filipino shooters and enthusiasts. Hope you like it there.

Posters in that forum are into 1911's too.

I hope we can minimize posting non 1911 questions in this forum, and refrain from using greek.... i mean tagalog.

Let's give El Commandante a break.

Kerwin

thunderboy123
13th October 2005, 03:44
Does its sights the same Gi mil-spec with the dots?

Yes I think it is with the dots.

thunderboy123
13th October 2005, 03:56
lucky you. i'm still patiently waiting. as per the store, two more weeks to go...... i'm not sure I should hold on to that commitment. looking around for Norks already. any suggestions where I can get them nice and low cost?

I got mine from a newly opened store in our area (Munti), Php 23,500 including license.

hiramabiff
16th October 2005, 14:48
To all Manileneos,

The proposed gunshow this November will be at Subic. So all discounts will be offset by gas and toll fees. Hahahaha

And oh yeah, the last day for loose firearms amnesty is today September 30.

I overheard that that the gunshow was postponed till next year! or was it? I'll be missing it. I'm ready now to have a 1911 but they moved till January,that what I was told by a person at Armscor. Anyhow, those who are interested in gettin Armscor products... wait till Squires Bingham celebrates in 100th year Anniversary this December! I was told that there will be a gunshow discount as well! So have your cash handy on those dates and start saving some good money now!

For the history of Squires you may visit: http://productguidephil.com/~Armscor/index.html

igor
17th October 2005, 07:02
Hi To all Filipino 1911 Shooters,

I'm just a new guy here and also Filipino, really interested to have my own 1911 for personal/family protection & for hobby as well.

I'm getting ready going back home in Phils next month to watch Gun Show & purchase my very first gun, hopefully they will not postpone the show.

Regards to all,

igor :)

Primer
18th October 2005, 00:49
Hi To all Filipino 1911 Shooters,

I'm just a new guy here and also Filipino, really interested to have my own 1911 for personal/family protection & for hobby as well.

I'm getting ready going back home in Phils next month to watch Gun Show & purchase my very first gun, hopefully they will not postpone the show.

Regards to all,

Welcome!!!

Now the bad news:
Defense and Sporting Arms Show will be on January 12-16, 2006 part 1 of 3 at the 5Flr, SM Megamall Hall 2

igor
18th October 2005, 01:08
Primer,

Thanks for your warm Welcome! Are you serious they moved the Gun Show? Sad to hear that coz' I'm already booked 1st week next month.
Anyway, where do you think can I buy a ParaOrd P14.45 and how much? Do we have a Para dealer in Manila? Also thinking of getting Armscor, but getting disappointed due to sad experience of Marc Anthony Dizon. Are you member of Gun Club?

Thanks & Regards,

Primer
18th October 2005, 04:47
Yup, got an email from the organizer on the date and venue of the next gunshow.

As for the firearms dealer, I will be posting them via a private message. This is a forum for Philippne made guns :) :D

Unfortunately, I also heard of some Armscor resellers which cannot deliver. There seems to be a lot of Armscor orders last gunshow.

Armscor pistols are a lot better now compared to Armscor pistols a few years back. I now have one (9mm hi-capacity, 5” barrel) and it will be made an open gun within the next three to six months. The gun already has a C-More (red dot scope) installed. I will use it to shoot initially in Level-1, Open Division of PPSA (affiliated with IPSC). Two gunsmiths also told me recently that Armscor pistols are a lot better now. I also have a friend that has .40”cal Armscor which he use in shooting Standard Division of PPSA and he is satisfied with it.

To briefly answer your other question: I used to be quite active in shooting competitions (PPSA and clubshoots) and used to be a range officer (officates IPSC/PPSA sanctioned competition) but has to temper off due to work. I need to work to buy bullets :D :D :D

I am still a regular member of a major and active gunclub and shoot at least twice a month in the range.

If you have more non-Armscor questions, feel free to send me a Private Message.

hiramabiff
18th October 2005, 08:43
hello peepz. new here. been browsing this site for several months now and i finally registered.

i read some replies here regarding availability of stocks of armscor here in the philippines. i ordered my unit last june and up to know, still no gun :( can anyone clarify what happened/ or any knowledge why is this so? is there someone who is still waiting for their unit?

Will check with Armscor if they have stock issues. Will post updates but I would also advise if you could check it with the store whre you made your purchase. It could be the requirements that has not been processed yet. In regards to the gunshow, well just like what primer said it was moved to January. For those who wants to buy some, Squires will be having their gun show this December. Will update you of the dates.

Primer, do you have the information on the exact dates of the Squires' Anniversary sale?

niceone
18th October 2005, 09:17
There was a rumor that the new barrels came from Italy (wouldn't be surprised since they also manufacture and assemble for Tanfoglio of Italy).

hiramabiff
18th October 2005, 09:27
Primer,

Thanks for your warm Welcome! Are you serious they moved the Gun Show? Sad to hear that coz' I'm already booked 1st week next month.
Anyway, where do you think can I buy a ParaOrd P14.45 and how much? Do we have a Para dealer in Manila? Also thinking of getting Armscor, but getting disappointed due to sad experience of Marc Anthony Dizon. Are you member of Gun Club?

Thanks & Regards,

I think I saw a ParaOrd P14.45 at Twin Pines or Nashe. Will check the price for you, I just wish I have Twin Pines' phone number with me... left it at home :confused: Nashe's phone no. is 811.1881... they may have that particular pistol.

hiramabiff
18th October 2005, 09:45
Barrels from Italy? But, Armscor has their own foundry... that would make these pistols pretty expensive if that would be the case... hmm... that could be the reason why they dont have the stock? Increase in price.... oh oh.. I should have bough one during the gunshow last June! :mad: anyhow thanks for the information. That maybe is a fact. Evn some people at Armscor doesnt even know or denying that they are the ones manufacturing for Rock Island or distributing the said brand in the US. :confused:

Primer
18th October 2005, 10:24
Primer, do you have the information on the exact dates of the Squires' Anniversary sale?

Unfortunately I do not have the dates if and when Squires will have their anniversary sale. :)

Armscor make parts for their guns. This makes their gun cheaper since parts are locally made. However. magazines are mecgar (but base plate has Armscor label ). :D

As for Nashe, some practical shooters here does not buy there anymore. They had a not so good experience with them which I don't want to mention :( You can still try though...

Cheers!!!

hiramabiff
18th October 2005, 11:21
Sent you pm.

cloyd
18th October 2005, 19:24
i finally got my armscor 1911-A2, 9mm hi-cap after 4 months of waiting!

grips are a real disappointment. looks like taken from a toy! airsoft guns has better grips! it is the first to go. any suggestions what grips will fit?

i don't like the looks of the trigger. will a trigger of .45 for hi cap frame fit my 9mm hi cap frame?

thanks in advance

igor
18th October 2005, 19:29
Cloyd,

Can you post pictures.....? :)

Pepe308
18th October 2005, 21:33
Welcome!!!

Now the bad news:
Defense and Sporting Arms Show will be on January 12-16, 2006 part 1 of 3 at the 5Flr, SM Megamall Hall 2

"Patience is a virtue." Thanks for the news, maybe its a blessing in disguise for me to think more and plan more what I should really buy based on your suggestions and to prepare more money now that Christmas is coming!!! Its still a disappointment though... . Had an acquiantance with a former range officer, recommends Armscor too, says its a good deal for the money.

hiramabiff
19th October 2005, 16:42
guys any information about the new e-vat law? Will be posting a new thread on this.... this one **** of an issue for us here in the philippines... specially this will affect future purchases pistols! Thanks.

I just made the new thread.. at: http://forum.m1911.org/showthread.php?p=59116#post59116

Thanks. So folks who are familiar with the new tax.... I need your help here. Thanks.

John
20th October 2005, 01:26
Guys,

This thread has taken a wrong path. Instead of its intended purpose, it has become a Philipino meeting area. So, I guess it is time for it to be closed. If you want such a discussion area, please start a thread in the General Discussion forum.

Thanks