PDA

View Full Version : KSN Industries Isreal, GAL 1911 Model.... Info Needed

Rich-D
19th September 2007, 21:40
I picked up at an auction a Commander length Gal .45 1911 stamped KSN Industries Isreal. It is also stamped J. O. Arms Hou. Tex.

I am having a difficult time finding info on the internet. If anyone has any info on the Make or Model please inform me.

Thanks,
Rich

abarth
20th September 2007, 00:07
Do a search on IAI, Israel Arms International. They are out of business now, they are known for their M1 carbine repro. Their early 1911s are supposedly from Israel but recently people discovered that Norinco make the exact same gun, even down to the rubber grips. You draw your own conclusion on that one. The later one was from Phillipine, not as good metal as the earlier one. Some people has good luck with them, I on the other hand got a lemon. I had to polish the feed ramp, retune and reshape the extractor, replace the slide stop, to get it to feed and work properly. I also just finished with barrel replacement, and waiting to test it out tomorrow. Overall, the gun works flawless now. It will feed FMJ and HP. I also did a trigger job on it as the stock trigger was heavy and sloppy. Now I love the gun. It is a great basic gun to build on, and a great learning tool for me.

John
20th September 2007, 00:44
Are you sure KSN is IAI? I've never heard that name before (KSN).

Rich-D
20th September 2007, 01:46
I fired a 100 rounds through it using various ammo and mags without a glitch. I would have shot more but the range was closing. The fit and finish is excellent, and there appears to have been few rounds through it. There is also no signs of holster wear or any scratches on the gun.

It has a stainless steel frame and blued slide and weighs 36 ozs empty. It was made in 1997 and looks exactly the same as an IAI M-777 which came out in 1998. I will post some pics when I retrieve my camera from my mountain home.

I really like the gun, and at $350.00 I love it!

BTW. J.O. Arms was the forerunner of IAI. And Gal was an Israeli Colonel.

Rich

John
20th September 2007, 05:26
Rich, an old timer should know that....

:fp:

:wl:

Rich-D
20th September 2007, 06:03
Gee Sarge, I explained in my post " I will post some pics when I retrieve my camera from my mountain home." :(

My addiction to firearms for hunting, collecting, shooting and concealed carry does not permit me to buy more than one good camera. The only known cure for the addiction, is getting so old that you can't lift the weight of a gun.

Rich

abarth
21st September 2007, 04:07
Well Rich, my M5000 also has "J. O. Arms Hou. Tex" stamped above the right grip panel. On the left of the slide says "Israel Arms Ltd.", on the right says "GAL M5000". According to one website the M5000 and M777 is identical and the M777 was introduced in 1995 and the M5000 in 1996. As far as mine go, it is not stainless steel frame but nickel plated. A Yugo has a better fit and finish than my M5000. I've never seen good fit and finish IAI 1911 before, would love to see yours, when you get a chance. Congrats on your new toy.

Dov Baer Rfael
23rd October 2007, 13:19
I picked up at an auction a Commander length Gal .45 1911 stamped KSN Industries Isreal. It is also stamped J. O. Arms Hou. Tex.

I am having a difficult time finding info on the internet. If anyone has any info on the Make or Model please inform me.

Thanks,
Rich
I just bought a M5000 at a gun show. Supposedly guns made in Israel have a star of David stamped on the frame under the grip. Mine does. Fit, finish and function are wonderful. Accuracy is very good I've shot only FMJ ammo. When I took it apart to clean it I discovered the front pin of the ejector is broken. I ordered a standard GI 1911 ejector from Brownells and need to get the broken off pin out of the frame. I hope the standard GI ejector pin fits.

JARHEAD82-86
23rd October 2007, 16:47
Rich
I found some information in one of my books. It is made in Israel, Imported by J O Arms out of Houston has a 4.5 inch barrel not a true commander. And unfortunately you paid a little to much for it a NIB lists for $400. It is based in there Kareen MKII only in 45 ACP instead of 9MM. I could not find any other Info. Hope it is a good shooter.

Mike

John
24th October 2007, 02:21
:wl:

Rich-D
24th October 2007, 02:44
Rich
I found some information in one of my books. It is made in Israel, Imported by J O Arms out of Houston has a 4.5 inch barrel not a true commander. And unfortunately you paid a little to much for it a NIB lists for $400. It is based in there Kareen MKII only in 45 ACP instead of 9MM. I could not find any other Info. Hope it is a good shooter.

Mike

Mike It is not to be confused with the Kareen 9mm /.40 MSRP $417 nor the Golan 9mm/.40 MSRP $650, as it is not listed in the Blue Book of Gun Values. The one I have is definitely a .45 and the model designation is a GAL. It measures 4.25" and is the same size as my Para Commander length guns in 4.25". The gun is "As New" and does not appear to have ever been holstered or fired before. I put 300rds of JHP through it thus far and it functions flawlessly.

John, Sorry, I have not been up to the mountains to retrieve my camera.

Rich :)

JARHEAD82-86
24th October 2007, 15:24
Rich
The information I provided is for the GAL out of the Gun Digest, Guns and Prices Book 2007 Edition. So It would appear that someone made a mistake some where. Or the design was changed and the info not updated.
None of my other books even mention it or the manufacturer.

Mike

Rich-D
24th October 2007, 16:35
Mike, I have to check that out, as the Gun Digest I looked at in a bookshop did not have it in it, it may have been an outdated book. However in so far as paying too much for the gun, I am not concerned. For $350.00 I acquired an unfired gun with all the bells and whistles I desire and most of all it is a performer. I was purely seeking technical information on the gun. A very wise Uncle informed me years ago, "That you don't have to be rich, however you are well off when you see something in a window, go in, buy it and enjoy the instant gratification without concern for the price tag."

Rich ;)

doshounds
24th October 2007, 17:31
A very wise Uncle informed me years ago, "That you don't have to be rich, however you are well off when you see something in a window, go in, buy it and enjoy the instant gratification without concern for the price tag."

Rich ;)[/QUOTE]
Rich,

Amen to the above. Sounds like you have a neat shooter!

Hounds