PDA

View Full Version : Series 80 officers, bright stainless

theodessakid
28th May 2007, 08:36
Hello, Just traded for a MK IV series 80 Colt Officers ACP. She looks like a nickel gun with the frame and all parts bright and the side of the slide bright like nickel, only its Highly polished stainless steal.. Only thing brushed is the top of the slide. Has black rap around grips with silver Colt logo. Gun is in 99% contition. Serial # SF 4060x. I am not knew to Colt but new to this little gun. I see that people with officers//defender really like them. I have not been to the range yet its almost too pretty to shoot. Did Colt make many in this configuration, have been looking on E-bay for a box does any one have one? I have read all the threads not much info on this particular model. I am very excited about my new acquisition, any thoughts as to value?
Thanks

larry starling
28th May 2007, 09:15
Hello, Just traded for a MK IV series 80 Colt Officers ACP. She looks like a nickel gun with the frame and all parts bright and the side of the slide bright like nickel, only its Highly polished stainless steal.. Only thing brushed is the top of the slide. Has black rap around grips with silver Colt logo. Gun is in 99% contition. Serial # SF 4060x. I am not knew to Colt but new to this little gun. I see that people with officers//defender really like them. I have not been to the range yet its almost too pretty to shoot. Did Colt make many in this configuration, have been looking on E-bay for a box does any one have one? I have read all the threads not much info on this particular model. I am very excited about my new acquisition, any thoughts as to value?
Thanks
Colt Officers Model Series 80 - Bright Stainless steel or Ultimate bright stainless was made from (1987 - 96). As far as price the blue book states 100% condition $875. As far as a correct box. I have seen them in the Ma rune cardboard boxes and the blue unpadded plastic box with outer sleeve with vintage colt ads on it.

sprice1973
28th May 2007, 10:56
:fp: Throw up some pics!We just love to look at a fine Colt!

daveohno
28th May 2007, 19:33
A picture would be good, I've never seen one of those! Sounds like you picked a winner!

theodessakid
31st May 2007, 14:13
Thanks
Had the little beauty out to the range. Shoots great, no more recoil than a full size. Dead on at 15 yards.
Photo to follow

Ric4509
31st May 2007, 14:43
Thanks

If yours and mine are the same, polished flats, brushed in the rounded areas as in slide and front strap. The slide stop, thumb safety and grip safety are brushed SS. My SS officers GS is the ducktail type. And it is MKIV 80S with top of slide ribbed, 3 dot sights. I haven't fired a shot since I bought it in the early 90s. I lost the case when we moved.

theodessakid
31st May 2007, 17:27
Mine is a little different. All bright except for the top of the slide which is standard round. Has 3 dot stghts and was made in 1992.

elijdub
31st May 2007, 17:33
Lookin' forward to those pics :D !

larry starling
31st May 2007, 17:57
Congrats sounds like a great pistol.... ;)

Noah Zark
31st May 2007, 21:46
Does it look anything like this one:

http://www.guns-and-ammunition.com/photoplog/images/97/large/1_dsc07786M.jpg

The sides of the frame and slide are actually quite polished to the eye. (This Sony DSCS-75 picks up EVERY detail.) The round parts of the gun are a matte blasted finish. The grips are black painted checkered wood. It has the two-sping recoil setup with the short guide rod and the screwdriver-slotted 90-degree turn spring plunger.

Noah

theodessakid
1st June 2007, 11:06
Does it look anything like this one:

http://www.guns-and-ammunition.com/photoplog/images/97/large/1_dsc07786M.jpg

The sides of the frame and slide are actually quite polished to the eye. (This Sony DSCS-75 picks up EVERY detail.) The round parts of the gun are a matte blasted finish. The grips are black painted checkered wood. It has the two-sping recoil setup with the short guide rod and the screwdriver-slotted 90-degree turn spring plunger.

Noah
Yes, that is very close. I have rap around black rubber grips with silver logo and hammer is bright also. Looks like you have an adjustment screw on the rear sight, mine is standard. Hope to have photo this weekend.

Noah Zark
1st June 2007, 11:11
Yes, that is very close. I have rap around black rubber grips with silver logo and hammer is bright also. Looks like you have an adjustment screw on the rear sight, mine is standard. Hope to have photo this weekend.

Good eye, but that's some funky finish wear on the side of the blackened rear sight, not a screw.

That freekin camera will pick up dust mite fecal pellets, I swear . . .

Looking forward to seeing your pics!

Noah

theodessakid
1st June 2007, 11:13
Yes, only difference is I have black rubber rap around grips with silver logo. Only part on mine not bright is the top of the slide. Can't tell for sure but looks like your rear sight has a adjustment screw. Mine does not.

Phil
1st June 2007, 20:55
Sounds like what you have there is an Officer's Model in Bright Stainless Model 09181E. They certainly show every speck of dust and are a bit hard to take decent snapshots of. Here's mine, serial # SF1164xE, which was built in 1995:

Inner blue box:
http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h102/Murexway/OM/976746973-1.jpg

Outer box sleeve:
http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h102/Murexway/OM/pix2391564281.jpg

End flap of box sleeve:
http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h102/Murexway/OM/DSC02985Small.jpg

Flat top slide:
http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h102/Murexway/OM/DSC02987Small.jpg

Wearing rosewood grips:
http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h102/Murexway/OM/DSC02977Small.jpg

Ric4509
2nd June 2007, 03:31
That is very nice. Have you fired yet?

Phil
2nd June 2007, 07:33
That is very nice. Have you fired yet?No, I've never fired it. It was lightly fired before I bought it about a year ago, but since I have a hard chromed OM as a carry gun, I may never fire this one.

Noah Zark
2nd June 2007, 08:51
No, I've never fired it. It was lightly fired before I bought it about a year ago, but since I have a hard chromed OM as a carry gun, I may never fire this one.
Nice BBQ gun there, Phil!

A real beauty with the red grips.

Noah

Phil
2nd June 2007, 12:18
Nice BBQ gun there, Phil!

A real beauty with the red grips.

NoahThanks......I think of it as my minipimp gun.
:lm:

daveohno
2nd June 2007, 16:51
Oh, oh! Another bright stainless pistol! That is very nice and the pictures are very good!

arjay
2nd June 2007, 17:53
:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: