PDA

View Full Version : Torture Test on R.I.A 1911 Pistol?

Death Dealers
7th November 2006, 09:45
:) I just want to know how many rounds did ya put in your Rock Island Pistol? Does anyone tried a torture test on your Rocks by firing a thousands of rounds? and how it perform etc. How many rounds a Rock Island pistol can take?

It would be great to read your comments and how it perform.
My Commander had 800 rounds since May when i have it brand new and still going...

darrenk75b
7th November 2006, 10:29
Go to the Advanced Tactical website, and read the article about the torture test that pitted a Rock against a few other 1911s.

In case you don't want to do the search your self, here it is:
http://www.advancedtactical.com/riapress.htm

ab4ka
7th November 2006, 10:36
I've got about 400 rounds thru my full size Rock with no problems at all.
In the "Guns & Ammo Complete Book of the 1911" that came out the first of the year they did a torture test with a Charles Daly, and RIA, a Kimber and Wilson. They did things like shooting them with no lubrication, then soaking them in mud and shooting them full of mud and dirt, and also shot them under water. They all did well, and it was nice to see the Rock hang with the high dollar guns. (darrenk75b beat me to the keyboard...the article I referenced is the one he put the link to)

Death Dealers
8th November 2006, 05:55
:) Thanks darrenk75b for the link, i will read that one after this..
:D ab4ka, Amazing how Rock hang with the high top dollar guns like Kimber and Wilson. I will be looking here some back issue of "Guns & Ammo Complete Book of the 1911" for a nice reference about the rock. Thanks!

robk
8th November 2006, 13:07
the only problem i had with my RIA 1911 was a hollow point i was using but it is by the way side and i have some people telling me to try a different brand they used with no problems
the RIA45 is the best bang for your buck
rob k

horge
8th November 2006, 17:47
Torture test?
My fat, smelly cousin (The slob doesn't believe in baths or in underwear)
carries his RIA Mexican.

That count?

pa_guns
8th November 2006, 19:03
Hi

I'm not sure that something like 1,000 rounds would be considered torture on any decent 1911. Best guess is that you need to get up to around 20,000 rounds to really push any of them.

My RIA's not up to 20,000 yet, but it's well past 1,000 with no problems.

Bob

N6CRV
9th November 2006, 08:11
Hello Horge, I would say that counts. Sure hope he does not see your post. Got to say you made my morning.
Don

horge
9th November 2006, 10:15
I live to please, Don.
Cheers.
:)

Death Dealers
10th November 2006, 10:10
;) Horge, by the way i been looking for a ARMSCOR/RIA orig. high ride beavertail for my rock, do you know were can i find and buy one there in Metro Manila? my local gun store here in Tarlac city-twin pines are only selling imported parts like Wilson, ed brown.. their gun parts shipment have been delayed for 3 months now and still waiting. im not sure if Hans are selling 1911 parts.

horge
11th November 2006, 09:04
Squires Bingham is the marketing arm of Armscor.
Any one of their outlets should have that part in stock.
Shooters (SAM) does a better job of stocking parts, and their stuff
costs less, but there will be extra fitting involved, and their steel
is a bit faster-wearing.