PDA

View Full Version : Llama IXA Mfg. date?

Bruceco
20th May 2006, 08:13
How can I find the date of manufacture on my llama IXA?
Thanks

samd
27th May 2006, 21:59
Try this link
http://www.100megspop3.com/oldvalkyry/llama.html

Big Foot
29th May 2006, 12:51
The year code marks on your Llama are near the trigger vanguard. Normally, they are in-between the proof marks...Look for something like V1, or X1, etc. usually a letter & number....If you post the code, my reference book will give you your d.o.b. for your Llama up to the year 2000....I'm guessing w/o your yr. code, but it will be in the late 70's...

Salvage33
5th September 2006, 20:47
My Mod. IX-A doesn't have a letter code for the date of mfr. On the left side above the trigger is stamped 07-04. On the right side, about the trigger it is stamped 02562-95.

I am GUESSING that it was made July 4, 1995. Would that be a good assumption?

John

Los Adaes
29th October 2006, 17:39
Yes John, on late model Llamas they incorporated the year of manufacture into the serial #. I have read that all Spanish pistols have proof marks (Italian too) and a date code. The more recent made Llamas, Astras and Stars have their stamps usually under their grips.

clev
2nd February 2007, 22:25
I can't find the proof mark. I have an IXA that I bought new in 1983 and as I consider it a collectors weapon, I'd like to know the date of manufacture. It's in excellent condition with less than 5 boxes of ammo shot through it.

On the top, front, right side of the trigger guard is a 'Y'. On the left side, on the bottom of the frame, just above the trigger guard are a couple of symbols, not legible; and what looks like an 'n.2'. The dot is not at the bottom of the 'n', it's about half way up. On the right side: "GABILONDO Y CIA VITORIA (ESPANA). Serial: A44 46*. Can/will someone help me with the mfg date? Thanks in advance,

Clev

Los Adaes
2nd February 2007, 23:47
clev, some pistols are marked more clearly than others. Your proof marks should be on the left side of your pistol above the trigger, there should be three marks. One is a flaming bomb, then a symbol incorporating a letter with a crown , and a letter followed by a number. Llamas made during 1982 were marked B 2 1983 C 2 etc. Hope this helps.

rbucket
3rd February 2007, 00:55
Clev:

Mine is a "D*2" with SN A49XXX. D*2 allegedly is from 1984 according to the collective information on this and other sites.

1983 should be coded C*2.

Was yours imported by Stoeger Industries?

Does it have wood grips?

Mine, pictured on the below post, should look just like yours.

Regards

clev
3rd February 2007, 11:57
If a D*2 is '84, then my n*2 must be......??? and I didn't think that could be correct. So, I got my rusty, trusty magnifying glass out, and even though the 'bottom of letter is not visible, the bottom right of it appears to curve which would form a 'D', making it an '84. But wait, I'm sure I bought it in '83. Just happen to have my original receipt: JUNE, 1985. Oh, well, I'm almost 60; hair's going, vision's going, mind's....well I won't go there.

This weapon shoots a lot better than my V10. I did have a little trouble with jamming, but a throat polishing and new extractor took care of that. I've read that the extractors are the weakest link of these weapons, and mine was in pretty bad shape.

Oh, BTW, I received a PM for using a forbidden word in one of my V10 posts; sorry about that.

Anyway thanks for all the help and conversation. I taken a few pictures of the weapon and another of original box, manual, receipt, and warranty card. BION, I'm a better marksman than a photographer; LOL.

OK. I'm looking for the button to insert a picture; can't find it. I found 'insert image' but when I click on it, I get 'text' line. What am I missing?

clev
3rd February 2007, 12:01
I just found the link for img. directions and am reading it. Hopefully, I'll figure it out.

clev
3rd February 2007, 12:58
I think I have this figured out:

http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t316/tclev/LLAMA_0022b.jpg

http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t316/tclev/LLAMA_0023a.jpg

http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t316/tclev/LLAMA_0026a.jpg

oldhouse
8th April 2007, 14:48
Clev:

Mine is a "D*2" with SN A49XXX. D*2 allegedly is from 1984 according to the collective information on this and other sites.

1983 should be coded C*2.

Was yours imported by Stoeger Industries?

Does it have wood grips?

Mine, pictured on the below post, should look just like yours.

Regards
I stumbled upon this thread and your message browsing around for parts for my Llama .45 1911.
My LLama is also stamped D*2 on the left side with an "X" and a bomb symbol preceding that. I guess it's a 1984, from the other posts.
The serial number is close to yours: A497XX. Mine has the originial wood grips. Am looking for parts, specifically a slide/thumb safety.
I've had this pistol since 1985, when I bought it new for less than $200 and have shot it a lot until I retired it because it wasn't safe.
I had a gunsmith make me a couple of firing pins in 1991, and have successfully used and aftermarket hammer and full length guide rod. Grip safety still works. But I won't shoot the pistol without a slide/thumb safety. Mine is just worn out.
Any hints on where to get one? A Colt after-market type does not work.
Thanks.
oldhouse

oldhouse
8th April 2007, 14:52
I stumbled upon this thread and your message browsing around for parts for my Llama .45 1911.
My LLama is also stamped D*2 on the left side with an "X" and a bomb symbol preceding that. I guess it's a 1984, from the other posts.
The serial number is close to yours: A497XX. Mine has the originial wood grips. Am looking for parts, specifically a slide/thumb safety.
I've had this pistol since 1985, when I bought it new for less than $200 and have shot it a lot until I retired it because it wasn't safe.
I had a gunsmith make me a couple of firing pins in 1991, and have successfully used and aftermarket hammer and full length guide rod. Grip safety still works. But I won't shoot the pistol without a slide/thumb safety. Mine is just worn out.
Any hints on where to get one? A Colt after-market type does not work.
Thanks.
oldhouse

clev
9th April 2007, 15:59
Hi Oldhouse; sorry for the late reply, but I just discovered your post. There are a couple of companies that offer a limited supply of parts for the Llama. The only one that I remember is SGS Importers, phone 732-493-0302; I spoke with Dee. I believe they have a website, but not sure. There are others and you might do a search of this forum and find them. I needed a slide lock, plunger tube and extractor for mine. The slide lock didn't work, and I was given full credit for it. I just remembered another, bersafirearmsusa.com. Good luck.

Clev

oldhouse
9th April 2007, 23:14
Thanks! I'll try those leads and see what I can do.
Appreciate the come back.
Oldhouse