PDA

View Full Version : Pics of some Norks from a gunstore. Warning!

jok
30th March 2006, 05:33
http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d126/jojokanlapan/IMG_0067_edited.jpg

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d126/jojokanlapan/IMG_0066_edited.jpg

Norinco FE (Factory Enhance)

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d126/jojokanlapan/IMG_0069_edited.jpg

Norinco Standard dual tone.

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d126/jojokanlapan/IMG_0072_edited.jpg

Norinco Police

Note: I am not a representative nor part owner of the store. I just want to share some pictures I took today when I was in the store. My 1st time to see the Norinco FE. I hope you guys like it.
Thanks.

Pepe308
30th March 2006, 05:47
Very nice sir, thanks! Is that fromTrust Trade? Factory enhanced is around 19k+ if I'm not mistaken.

nietzschean
30th March 2006, 06:23
Hmm... The store's background makes me intuitively conclude it's at Trust Trade Makati. The Police is what I'm eyeing.

Nice pics!

Old Man River
30th March 2006, 07:48
Thank you jok for sharing and taking the time to do it, nice pictures.

Iíve been wondering what is a new Nork, and what is considered old. I think my Nork was purchased back in the 80s Is this considered new, or is it old?

I was wondering which would be a better a made Nork... old, or new? Were they all made of good hard steel?

Pepe308
30th March 2006, 10:30
Hopefully, they're still the same as before with the reputation of being built like "tanks."

jok
30th March 2006, 10:43
Very nice sir, thanks! Is that fromTrust Trade? Factory enhanced is around 19k+ if I'm not mistaken.

Hmm... The store's background makes me intuitively conclude it's at Trust Trade Makati. The Police is what I'm eyeing.
Nice pics!
Hi guys. No intensions of promoting anything but your guess are right on the store.

Iíve been wondering what is a new Nork, and what is considered old. I think my Nork was purchased back in the 80s Is this considered new, or is it old?

I was wondering which would be a better a made Nork... old, or new? Were they all made of good hard steel?
Hi Jerry, Well my knowledge on the history of the Norks are limited. What I learned here in our forum is that Norks are made out of very good metal, and after seeing all the positive feedback/comments here, I decided to get one last Dec. and another one last month. IMHO I believe new or old, the Norks are great shooters out of the box and probably will be with me for a long time. My Norks have performed flawlessly to date.
Maybe some of the more knowledgeable guys here would be able to share some of their insights regarding the old and the new Norks.
Thanks. You and yours stay safe

saltydog
30th March 2006, 11:54
The 1st and 2nd photos show grip panels that look kinda intestering. Do you know the manufacturers name?

Thanks,

salty.

robertbank
30th March 2006, 18:51
Jerry

As you know we still can import NOrinco products into Canada. Marstar appears to be the Canadian importer and they have chosen to bring an number of Norinco pistols but not the enhanced version of the 1911 A1. From what I have seen via pictures the Norincos that came in to the US are the same ones we continue to get in the A1 version which is the basic Mil-spec pistol. I am in the process of selling my NP 29 which is the 1911 single stack in 9MM. IT has a beavertail, commander type hammer, extended slide stop release, marginally better sights and is finished off a tad better than your standard Norinco 1911. They are still pretty much basic guns that are good shooters out of the box and make a great platform for customizing.

Unfortunately for me I still cannot bring my customized Nork into the States to attend shoots hence I own a Para SSP and would take it south should I decide to attend an IDPA shoot Stateside.

Hope this answers your question.

Take Care

nietzschean
31st March 2006, 02:47
Jok, since you've personally seen (and presumably handled) the 1911-A1 FS Police, what's your take on it? Are the sights okay? Trigger? Grips?

All the best, Kabayan.

jok
31st March 2006, 07:47
Jok, since you've personally seen (and presumably handled) the 1911-A1 FS Police, what's your take on it? Are the sights okay? Trigger? Grips?

All the best, Kabayan.
Hi! Good day to you. The Norinco "police" is basically an enhance model already. Sights are novak style already,it has a combat trigger and hammer, beavertail grip safety, it also has I believe a black rubber grips, full lenght guide rod,ambi safety. extended mag release, front and back serrations on the slide. Pistol looks nice but my opinion would be a bit bias on the A1-standard. I've always wanted a classic look and up to this point in time I don't have any plans of changing anything on my Standard Norks. IMHO, if you plan on doing some mods on your Nork, get the A1-standard. Its good to make it as a base gun.
Thanks and Stay safe.

jok
31st March 2006, 07:52
The 1st and 2nd photos show grip panels that look kinda intestering. Do you know the manufacturers name?
I believe its a copy of the pachmayr wrap-around rubber grips though it has a Norinco logo on it.
Thanks

Pepe308
3rd April 2006, 12:47
@ sir Jok,

You mentioned you bought your standard Norinco at Trustrade, maybe you'd know if they accept creditcards or they're cash basis only?

jok
3rd April 2006, 23:06
@ sir Jok,

You mentioned you bought your standard Norinco at Trustrade, maybe you'd know if they accept creditcards or they're cash basis only?
Hi Pepe,
They are on a cash basis only.
Thanks and stay safe.

nietzschean
4th April 2006, 02:50
Pepe, I also have the same concern. Jok's right, though. I inquired at Trust Trade's Makati and Ortigas branches, but they only sell on cash basis. Argh!

Inquired at Hahn. They do sell on credit, albeit with a 7% surcharge. No two-tone version of Norinco Police. No Norinco NP-30 at all!

John
4th April 2006, 04:01
Please do not turn this thread into a discussion of local subjects.

jok
4th April 2006, 08:03
Please do not turn this thread into a discussion of local subjects.
Sorry John.

Pepe308
4th April 2006, 11:31
Sorry sir John, got carried away... .

@ sir Jok & sir Nietz: Gonna post my replies on the Filippino thread, thanks for the replies.

nietzschean
4th April 2006, 11:52
Sorry 'bout that, matey. And, since you're in Athens, I say efharisto for your patience.

All the best!