PDA

View Full Version : Armscor 1911a1 Standard

BOYCIE
9th January 2006, 11:59
Can anybody tell me how Armscor 1911A1 performs? I find the weight and feel of this piece very comfortable. I just cant find any article regarding this particular Model, or Brand?

3006mv
12th January 2006, 23:08
post on CD RIA Armscor threads. I have the RIA 5" 1911A1 GI and I really like it.

wwfeatherston
13th January 2006, 02:58
I have a Tanfoglio. which, I'm told, is assembled from Armscor parts

http://forum.m1911.org/showthread.php?t=6402&page=1&pp=10

If they are the same, you will not be dissapointed!

Tom
13th January 2006, 03:02
post on CD RIA Armscor threads. I have the RIA 5" 1911A1 GI and I really like it.
Good suggestion, 3006MV. I've moved the thread into the proper forum. BOYCIE, this should help attract more members familiar with the Armscor pistol.

Helstrm
13th January 2006, 10:04
I love my RIA 1911, It is not stock anymore but I shot 150 rounds last weekend without one malfunction. I have done a ramp job, replaced the stock springs with a set of Wolf 18.5#, installed a Wilson Combat extended slide release, milled the safety to allow the commander hammer, installed a chipmccormick lightweight trigger. Cleaned up the park on the trigger channel. The aim is dead on, I was able to hit a shotgunshell at about 20 yards. Sorry for the picture quality but all I have is my camera phone.
http://gunsmithusa.com/files/trigger_718.jpg

kid
15th January 2006, 20:25
Armscor A1 M-1911 is available in three variants the GI Series( all cal .45s; in FS, MS, & CS), Practical Series ( 9mm, cal .40, cal .45 ;MS & FS ), & the Medallion Series (all cal .45s all FS). A1 stands for single stack magazine, A2 double stack( hi- cap), 2T two tone (frame is chromed, slide is blued) FS full size, MS medium size, CS compact size. Standard commonly refers to GI (mil-specs) single stack.

Out of the box reliability:

GI series= OK!!
Practical series= shots low needs sight adjustment, 9mm prone to small parts breakage
specially the firing pin spring, firing pin stop(left side filed thin to
accomodate ejector w/c is thickened & directed medially)
Medallion series= OK!!! w/ bells and whistles.

D reason u seldom find comments about d standard specs is dat a lot of buyers tend to buy d
practical series, they seem to look more sexy, but if u have very good visual acquity d .45 GI series w/c have small sights will give u a lot of fun & a very solid security. They seem to look more beautiful every time u look at it.

blueeagle
17th January 2006, 05:40
kid, are the Armscor .45 Practical series 2 tone frames chromed? in their old website, i distinctly remember that the 2 tone was composed of a SS frame and blued slide. anyway, is the chromed frame cheaper than the stainless? tnx.

kid
18th January 2006, 04:24
I have yet to see a pure stainless Armscor frame but i bet theprice is d same. The main advantage of getting any of these is d durability of finish. D blue frame of my Armscor is already badly worn off after only 3 mos of use @ rebluing is not a cheap item. I should hv opted for d chromed frame in d first place.

Well, d GI SEries hav parkerized finish which is more durable than bluing & they are straight shooter out of the box but dey r only available in single stack and the sights are quite small though they edge more w/ regards to performance & cheaper too. It's in my 2006 budget but someone is selling me a WW II issue 1911. Remington Rand Slide, Colt
Frame.

niceone
18th January 2006, 06:40
Can anybody tell me how Armscor 1911A1 performs? I find the weight and feel of this piece very comfortable. I just cant find any article regarding this particular Model, or Brand?

It's from your country, you should know better. Where is your patriotism by the way. :o

IMHO. It shoots. It works. It's cheap. Buy one and shoot one. :)

Auto Mag
18th January 2006, 15:39
kid, I have a full size Armscor Enhanced and it is all stainless. I sure hope that you shoot better than you spell!!!! Just kidding kid!!

kid
18th January 2006, 20:25
d sad thing s dat wat u got der in US r not available here wer Armscor s made. And der s a perception that wat is left for sale here r d ones w/c did not pas d US QC. Wel someone has to
ask d particular store if such a model s really available in der cache to b sure.

Auto Mag
18th January 2006, 21:15
My RIA/Armscor guns have all been great with no problems whatsoever. My RIA Compact in 45ACP is my primary carry weapon. I have or at one time have had just about every type of 1911 pistol out there and by far my RIA/Armscor guns have been the best. When I take them to the range I have guys with $2500.00 guns want to know what I am shooting and ask if they can try them. It feels good when they say that they shoot every bit as good or better than what they are shooting.

kid
18th January 2006, 22:36
eventually w/ some tinkering our Armscors are ready for combat but they should have enclosed some aspirins w/ their guns. It's not a little headache to fix those bugs.

TxStorm
18th January 2006, 23:15
eventually w/ some tinkering our Armscors are ready for combat but they should have enclosed some aspirins w/ their guns. It's not a little headache to fix those bugs.

Just curious, Kid.. What isn't passing U.S. QC? Just from your last post it's sounding like junker guns are left for the "locals" there.

kid
18th January 2006, 23:51
It's a perception here. The US importers obviously r quite meticulous w/ their quality control they r even using magnifiers to inspect the ins & out of the guns before they are shipped to the U.S. ;the finish r smoother, the cuts r more square and proportional bilaterally, the colors are deeper, metals are tougher etc ...

In short flaws are reduced to minimum as possible & during the process many pistols will not make it ... they... for the P.I. to consume where Q.C. is poor and warranties are almost useless.

Dont u know that they even have Armscor Buddy model here... they are the rejects among the rejects. But as i've said, w/ some tinkering and lot of headaches they will be combat ready.

maillemaker
19th January 2006, 12:21
I'm curious, how much do the Armscors sell for in your country?

Steve

kid
19th January 2006, 20:19
GI series (looks like RIAs) about 283.00 U.S. dollars.
Practical Series(blue, single stack) 300 U.S. dollars, (2T HI-CAP) 470.00 U.S. dollars

To clarify a bit, these rejects r functional out of the box the real big question is about the durability of both small and big parts. In Armscor Buddy Series casting bubbles are grossly visible. Some asymmetrical cutting are also apparent.

And the finish may not be uniform, one cause is the variation of alloy(ing), some part would just refuse to take surface finishing very well.

maillemaker
19th January 2006, 22:04
And for you US RIA owners, what are comparable prices here?

I'm just curious if at least you get a price break for buying the "seconds".

Steve

blueeagle
20th January 2006, 02:10
Vhino, i was told that the processing time would take 2 months but i have been waiting for about three months now and still no armscor except some vague explanations about signatures etc..well i hope the pistol would be worth the wait. (Practical Series, FS,2T,Single Stack)

kid
20th January 2006, 03:36
2T Armscors usually take a longer waiting period specially now after the gunshow but just keep a periodic friendly call to ur gunstore so that your papers may not remain at the bottom of the files.