PDA

View Full Version : High Polish Blue as EDC

Armed Citizen
9th June 2012, 12:15
Just wondering how the new Wilson high polish blue stands up to everyday use. I am debating over high-polish blue v the armor tuff. I like the looks of the high polish blue, but if I carry the pistol frequently, maybe I should be more practical and get the armor tuff finish.

I don't do any shooting that involves drawing from the holster. So I don't expect there to be a lot of wear from drawing and holstering. So maybe I will be OK with high polish blue. The high polish blue is so classic and fine looking, but I thought I should get some feedback from anyone who has experience with it. I'm talking about the newer finished, not the blue they used on the earlier models.

Thanks
Mark

Farkas
13th June 2012, 23:33
the high polish blue is beautiful. I draw a lot so it wouldn't be good for me as a user. The armor tuff is nice and will hold up better. Either way I would get a holster that is lined with a soft material if you are going to carry the gun at all and you don't want it to get all scratched up. I kind like the process of NORMAL wear on my guns (although if I had a high polish blue finish on one,I'd probably want to keep it looking pretty) - something about it makes the gun sweeter with time- like a pair of high quality leather boots after they are broken in-but that's just me.s The new Bead Blasted Stainless Steel finish is something else you might consider. It has a matte non reflective finish and it is probably the toughest finish that they offer. Good luck and let us know what you pick.

Timbonez
27th July 2012, 03:10
Why is the polish blue an option if this is going to be an EDC? Armor tuff is the better choice between the two. It provides superior rust/corrosion resistance.

SIDE NOTE: You say everyday carry, but you don't do any shooting that involves drawing from a holster? How do you carry? What are you going to do if you have to use your pistol in self defense... draw from a holster. So it doesn't sound like you practice draws. I would start practicing, because the next time you do it may be to save your life.

coiler666
29th July 2012, 00:20
I prefer the barron blue, just looks sooo gorgeous. I dont mind having a lil honest holster wear on my pistols tho. In the end its up to the user, but ya cant go wrong with a Wilson, no matter the finnish. Mike

jblackfish
29th July 2012, 09:57
I don't have any experience with the hi-polish blue but Armor Tuff is the greatest IMO. I just had a S-70 Govt. Model that I bought new (and have upgraded) Armor Tuff'd (matte black) and it is gorgeous IMO. I DO do a lot of draw and fire (IPDA) so my 1911's get lots of holster time. I'd post a picture of the S-70 but the slide had to go back for a ding made during shipping - my pics aren't THAT good anyway.

jp3
7th August 2012, 22:29
An EDC should be practiced with over and over, without worrying about the finish (other than rust). If I just wanted a pretty gun it wouldn't be my EDC.

It's all about priorities.